Salsa dancing lesson in puerto plata

filouminou

Dec 21, 2005
We are thgoing to be in puerto plata for Christmas week and my wife and I would like to take some salsa and merengue lessons during our stay we are willing to put in an hour or two per day.

anybody can give us some suggestions names or dance studios.

thanks

quaqualita

Feb 4, 2002
A-Bailar!

Try the Latin Dance School A-Bailar! in Cabarete. phone: 809-916-4551 or contact them via their website at Escuela de Baile, Merengue, Bachata, Salsa - A Bailar! .
They teach Merengue, Bachata, Salsa and soon Tango.
The dance teacher speaks Spanish and English and if you don't want to travel to Cabarete for lessons every day he might be able to come to Puerto Plata for private lessons.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
HI there, I live and work in Puerto Plata and go dancing regularly. I can hook you up here in the area. Cabarete is a LONG way away to go daily for a one or two hour lesson.

I will send you an email or PM.

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
They don't dance a lot of salsa here, but you can pick up Bachata or Merengue by just going to clubs and asking guys/girls to dance with you and teach you, Dominicans love to dance and happy to help - for a few Presidente (beers)...!

As for school I only know a very active one in Sosua, just Google it, they have classes and lessons regularly with English speaking teachers and students....