Broken Car Window in Puerto Plata...

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
Anyone know where to fix a busted back window for a honda accord and how much it'll cost approx. in Puerto Plata

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
They seem to be busy fixing car windows for the locals in a place next to the nail salon located on the next block to Supermercado Messon.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Go to Juan Vidrio in Santiago.
It is located on a side street two blocks on the left from Las Colinas Mall.
Off of Avenida 27 de Febrero. There is a very large sign. He is the best, least expensive and most completely stocked glass person in the North of the DR.

HB

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
Oh, just send him $500.00 via Western Union and whatever is left over he can use for his mothers' "operation" !!!! LOL

Marlie:cheeky:

If only that was the case ... if only that was it ... ufff....

I'm not even gonna bother replying to sankie lovers comments, just want my question answered...

If you really must know a friend of mine is down there and rented a car... the car got broken into and she'd rather go get it fixed herself even though she has insurance, I'm just asking here to see whether it's worth her going and getting it done herself or go through on the insurance.... I know how the insurance companies work there....:ermm: I've had my own fun with them... ehh hmmm

So sorry to burst your bubble

Darius3456

Oct 10, 2004
Please answer the question

I am down here now in Puerta Plata and the front window of my Nissan rental car has developed a crack in the windshield. I am told by reliable locals that the windshield will have to be replaced. I am insured through my Mastercard. Should I just have it fixed somewhere, or should I use the insurance? By the way, I noticed that the window has several "official" decals that will be impossible to put back on if the window is replaced by any entity other than the rental Agency. I rented form National. Thanks for your input.

Frankie

Nov 28, 2006
Sorry to ask what I am sure is very obvious question but what is a Sankie?
I keep seeing it on these threads and I can't work it out!!

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
even though she has insurance, I'm just asking here to see whether it's worth her going and getting it done herself or go through on the insurance....

If she has FULL insurance, CDW, windshield, tires, etc. just have her drop the car off and get a replacement vehicle.

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
Thanks hombres... The coverage on her credit card is apparently horrible so she's gonna go ahead and fix it in Santiago... going this morning