Mountainbiken

Status
Not open for further replies.

babette

Dec 8, 2006
Last year we where in the Dominican republic, in Sosua and we did some beautiful and nice tours. We also wanted to do mountainbiking, but nobody could do this for us! We want to come next year, does anybody know somebody or a touroperator who does this now?
Thanks

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
I've hired a bike from Iguana Mama when I was in Cabarete last year, and I have to say they're a very professional company with good mountainbikes. The hilly area behind Cabarete is scenic and beautiful, although not the most spectacular of the country. Make sure you arrange a tour beforehand if you want a guided tour, because they're not so flexible they can start a tour immediately if you just turn up without notice. I made a tour on my own, so can't say anything about the quality of their guides, but I'm sure you'll have a great time.

edenirene

Oct 19, 2006
edenirene.spaces.live.com
mountainbiking

I heard that Alftours in Sosua and Cabarete are doing also a mountain bike tour now. I think they start in the mountains of Moca. They do this with small groups, about 4-6 people. Maybe if you email to Alftours, you will get more information about this tour. alftour@hotmail.com

chadverizon

Apr 2, 2005
Iguana Mama has been running mountain bike tours on the North Coast for 11 years. They also won an award for best mountain biking tour in the Caribbean from Outside Mag about two years ago.
They have atleast 8 different tours ranging form beginner to expert. Their bikes are Specialized rock hopper and stump jumpers.
Iguana Mama - Mountain Biking, Hiking & Ecological Adventures

Last edited:

babette

Dec 8, 2006
Ok, thank you all for the answers... we will have a look at alftour and Iguana mama......
Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.