another, BUT simple phone question

Sep 19, 2005
I THINK....so soon my contract expires...and Ill be getting one the new fangled, fancier than the next guy phones.(not really)...but the phone i have is just fine..so I want to know If I can bring the phone I have now in america to the DR to use with pre paid tarjetas, they sell to put minutesinto your phone..without a plan

The phone is a Motorola V710 set up for Verizon

I want to use it in the DR with verizon pay as you go plans( tarjetas)

I understood that i can change the phone to work down here...but didnt know if that was with a plan or not...I dont want the plan...just use it with prepaid minutes.

and whats a really really great phone for reception, loudness of the speaker( not neccessarily the speaker phone feature...but to hear better normally), and battery life.......all the other stuff is just distractions......

also bluetooth features...do they offer easier hearing.....

I would like the get the phone that has a lot of volume availabe.....

thanks

bob

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Bring it, it will work fine.
Now enough of your silly cell phone questions.
AZB

Sep 19, 2005
Bring it, it will work fine.
Now enough of your silly cell phone questions.
AZB

I got a cell phone question for you......you call my GF more than once a month, which of your legs do you want me to break first?

me make ...........................................................................................

oh yeah joke...I think

bob

El Diego

Apr 24, 2006
i have brought cells to dr to sell from sprint and verizon.. and they all connect with tarjetas... including that one v710.. i had one of those.. sold it in dr.no problema.

wight-boy

Nov 6, 2003
i wonder does nextel walkie talkie works in the DR ??

Nope!! I dont beleive the iden service will never be implemented here so push to talk is unlikely. Now Sprint and Nextel are one company, they are trying to combine the technology with CDMA (ie. verizon style service as opposed to Orange) in which case maybe in 3 or 4 years its possible we may have push to talk. :bored: