Need help

trueheart

Oct 31, 2006
Hi Folks,
I've been here a month and am due to fly out tomorrow from Puerta Plata aiport at 2:50 pm. The couple people I know that i thought might be able to give me a ride to the airport have other plans tomorrow.

I have no trouble taking a taxi...but here is my problem. i thought the building manager here would be able to help me arrange a taxi and he's been gone all day. I just asked and he too needs to leave early tomorrow morning and was no help about how to arrange a taxi.

I live up at La Mulatta II...down the road that says "Lomas del Sol" It is a couple miles from El Batey. I have no phone service up here and even if I did I do not know how to explain to a taxi driver how to get here. i have two suitcases, a computer bag and a backpack (thought I was coming for six months!) so can't possibly walk into town.

So again, i feel a little lost about how to arrange what i need. Any suggestions? CAn anyone help me?
Thanks,
Deb

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I don't live in Sosua so can't help you personally but there are people who post on here who live in La Mulatta - not sure if it's La Mulatta II though. But if push comes to shove send a concho driver to fetch you a taxi, talk to the neighbours, what about friends you've made during the month, can't they help you? You can get on a computer but you can't use a neighbours' phone? People on here are usually very helpful but dare I suggest posting Friday evening may be a little late for help getting to the airport by 1.00 on Saturday. If all else fails, go by concho to a taxi company in person early in the morning, arrange a taxi and take him back with you to show him where you live.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Can you walk to the main road to catch a moto to Sosua? If so, take a moto to the taxi stand in sosua early morning. Have the taxi driver bring you back to your place so he knows where it is. Tell him to return at noon to take you to the airport.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
The Coastal petrol (gas) station is just down on that main Sosua/Cabarete Highway isn't it? Pop in to see Greg first thing in the morning. If he doesn't KNOW of a taxi compamy to ring I am sure he will help you find one to call from the premises!!

Motto learned for the DR ...... 'NEVER leave planning to the last moment - something is SURE to come along & screw up what you intended planning at the last minute'!! ~ Grahame.

trueheart

Oct 31, 2006
Thanks for all the suggestions. I have a ride thank you.
Just so you know...I have been trying to sort this out for a week...asked all the people I knew...the last minute post was a last hope shot in the dark.
Deb