Higuey for New Years

ilee1

Dec 4, 2006
I'm a first timer to the DR. I am going to Punta Cana to bring in the New Year. I have read a number of posts about many cities, however; not much info about Higuey. Can anyone enlighten me on places to meet people (women) in Higuey?

suitelady79

Sep 20, 2006
I will be in Higuey on December 20th into the new year....but this will be my first time going so I really don't have much information to offer. I'll be feeling my way around too... should be interesting!

borruga

Aug 26, 2004
in Higuey go to Disney discoteca

I'm leaving for Punta Cana tomorrow (so excited) and will be in the country well into the new year. Most likely Higuey won't be the hippest of places to party for new year's as many people who live there go to their home towns to party (many Punta Cana tourism workers only live in/around Higuey because of work). In Higuey Disney Discoteca is always a good bet, though. Large outdoor thatch-roof place, few gringos, but good-time with bachata/merengue even Salsa. It's located on your left, on the way out of town towards El Seybo. Easy to find. If you're looking for more tourist action, stay in Bavaro and go to Areito, I think now called 'News Bar' or something, ask anybody. Stay clear of Mang?, it's never happening there.
Also, look out for the signs for concerts, sometimes there is a cool Merengue concert at Pacha disco inside Riu resort, and it will be packed with Dominicans and tourists alike. Now when I was last there in the summer, they just passed a new curfew law which really made clubbing (and access to the clubs for non-AI-tourists harder, I'm sure by now this changed again.

for the guy that asked, ANYWHERE you go, you WILL meet pretty ladies.

I was in Punta Cana last year over new year's, and we threw our private party, I tend to do that again this year, if we don't leave for the capital, we'll see.

As I see it, Bavaro/Punta Cana is getting better every time I'm back and as people keep moving in, there is a chance there will finally be some life outside the resorts and maybe a useful club or two will open...