currency exchange

sodapop

Nov 29, 2006
Whats the exchange rate from canadien to dominican peso's.is it best to use cash or should i bring traveler's cheques.Would it also be ok to use the ATM.Also would it better to use american dollars???

A

apostropheman

bring US dollars. you'll get a superior rate and use the ATMs as a backup. you should also get a decent rate at the ATMs.

sodapop

Nov 29, 2006
ok but would it be worth it for me . now i have to exchange canadien to US. then to dominican is it still worth the superior rate ?????

A

apostropheman

ok but would it be worth it for me . now i have to exchange canadien to US. then to dominican is it still worth the superior rate ?????
yes. there was a thread a couple of days ago explaining this in detail. :)

sodapop

Nov 29, 2006
OK sounds like the best bet is to bring USD because everyone wants it it will be easier to make deals

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
I may be wrong but I know there is a CD bank in Cabarete Scoccia? (SP).I would think trere wouldn't be a charge to change money if you have a account. I think I have seen them all over the country.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Scotia Bank is still a bank, of course they have to charge you a "spread" to convert CAD to RD Pesos even with an account.

paulgraham

Jan 8, 2007
Along the same lines

Hi all!

First post here, on this excellent site!

I am hoping to get the majority of my money out of the ATMs when I'm in the DR. I'll be staying in Playa Dorada, can anyone tell me whether the ATMs service Maestro cards?

Might be the wrong place to ask this question, but are there ATMs available in Playa Dorada, or will I need to go to Puerto Plata for this?

Cheers!

katiegp

Jan 5, 2007
Travellers cheques

So I understand it's better to change my CDN $ to US $ at home. But should we take traveller's cheques? Will the money exchange places accept them?