This will be interesting to see...

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeithF

Jul 9, 2006
www.cabarete.org
The beach is slightly higher and goes further from the resturants now than it used to. The sand is a lighter colour but it felt sharper (can't think of a better way to describe it) than the darker sand that was there before.

Agreed, I don't understand how it won't just get washed away with a heavy swell but obviously they'll have thought about that...

...won't they?

Photo's from September, laying the new beach

IMG_1199.jpg

Pipe laying to pump the sand ashore.

IMG_1196.jpg

Working quite close to the shore.

Nyeden

Sep 2, 2005
I was there, during 11/17-11/21 when they just finished doing it, The sand looked really nice and almost a very light golden color.

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
I'm sometimes afraid of swimming on Cabarete beach. The water is so murky(sp). Not like Sosua where you see everything.

KeithF

Jul 9, 2006
www.cabarete.org
Which pipes? :paranoid:

Don't tell me sewage pipes. I rarely get into the water at Cabarete beach. But I have done it at least 3 times.

you know in my post, earlier in this thread, where I wrote "Pipe laying to pump the sand ashore." and posted a photo of a boat, where you can clearly see a pipe being laid?

Well, those pipes.

Probably;)

STEVE G.

Bronze
Apr 2, 2006
community.webshots.com
you know in my post, earlier in this thread, where I wrote "Pipe laying to pump the sand ashore." and posted a photo of a boat, where you can clearly see a pipe being laid?

Well, those pipes.

Probably;)

oh ... i got it !:bunny: those pipes :surprised ... just kidding ...are those pipes are already on the way to Juan Dolio to pump some sand too ?

Status
Not open for further replies.