info on bayardo

courtney.khan

Sep 28, 2006
hello everybody:

i was wondering if anyone could give me some information on the area of bayardo in puerto plata. as far as living is concerned. and what you might say about it in comparison to costambar. thank you in advance guys.

court

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
hello everybody:

i was wondering if anyone could give me some information on the area of bayardo in puerto plata. as far as living is concerned. and what you might say about it in comparison to costambar. thank you in advance guys.

court

Bayardo is a terrific place to live. Most of the influential families in Puerto Plata live in either Bayardo or Torre Alta. You will find among your neighbours some very useful contacts and some absolutely charming people. All are pretty well off. There are far fewer foreigners living in Bayardo than Costambar (we're one of the very small number) and I think it fair to say that Bayardo is far more upmarket than Costambar. If you want many foreigners living near you, Costambar would be better. It is not gringo dominated; Costambar has a good mix. Bayardo is Dominican dominated. We also have a very active and responsible Junta de Vecinos. We built a house in Bayardo 6 years ago; prior to that we lived in the centre of PP for 7 years and before that out at Urbanizacion Atlantica for just over a year.

Are you a family or a single person?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
plus bayardo is safer, it's being made a proper gated community as we speak (now the town will truly become unpassable...).
bayardo is far more beautiful, quiet, spacious. and expensive.
costambar has nice sea views, property prices are not so high, there is still enough land to build on.

courtney.khan

Sep 28, 2006
thank you.

lambada i am a single person, so does that make a difference? i will not have a car and will be using taxis, is bayardo convienent as far as walking places? ie the beach, restaurants, a gym, or grocery stores?

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
thank you.

lambada i am a single person, so does that make a difference? i will not have a car and will be using taxis, is bayardo convienent as far as walking places? ie the beach, restaurants, a gym, or grocery stores?

It could do, which is why I asked the question. Bayardo would be fine if you are either in no relationship, or in a committed one with one person, but it is not the area to bring back a different guy every few days. I was looking for a delicate way to put this, but there really isn't one :cheeky: I'm not saying that such behaviour would apply to you, all I'm saying is that if it did, you may not get the usually hospitable responses from your neighbours. Eventually, someone would 'have a quiet word'. Are you with me as to the type of area it is?

You can walk to the beach in 10 mins, and there is a Chinese restaurant in walking distance. You would need transport for the nearest supermarket Tropical and the other restaurants. If you're living at the mountain side of Bayardo you could probably walk to Jose Luis Supermarket but maybe not after entry barrier is in place, nor if carrying heavy bags. Most people in Bayardo have cars.