Gated community lots

jim44

Dec 13, 2005
Hi all. Trying to get a short list of places to start looking and some idea of real prices for a lot in a gated community. I've been in contact with sea horse ranch and have been quoted 400,000 usd for a lot. I don't want to spend that much on a lot. I'll be spending 6 months of the year. I want a lot in a nice secure gated community. I want to do the general contracting myself. need a project. yes I've done the general before. I also want an area that has high speed Internet. I'm going to build 2500 sq foot home. I know this is a stupid question but what does it cost to build a high quality home. sea horse ranch quoted me $ 75 /$100 a sq foot marble counter tops and tile, big kitchen etc. Can anyone recommend a good architect and some trades men that you have used in the past for building. thanks for the help. I know this subject has been discussed to death. but did a search and didn't get all the info i needed thanks again.

leehall

Oct 24, 2006
jim44 - there are lots in Sea Horse less than $US400k, also try Haciendas el Choco, Hideaway and you can try Sol de Plata, but the security is not as good. The 2,500 sq ft home is probably less than the covenants in Sea Horse allows. Terramar has good security and the lots are reasonably priced.

leehall

Oct 24, 2006
Wanted to add, but can not find the edit button...

Please don't take any of the above as a recommendation. You need to see these places for yourself and see what suit your circumstances best. I am sure there are other areas as well, but none that I can think of as really being 'gated'.

hicksy

Nov 25, 2005
Gated Communities

Another area that is gated and has high standards is Panorama Village in Sosua. There are some nice lots left there.......beautiful views, well looked after.

Guch

Jun 17, 2006
We looked at lots in Perla Marina when we were down there last spring. We liked the location being right between Sosua and Cabarete. I consider it to be "gated" but is perhaps not the level of gating found at Sea Horse. If I recall there were lots in the $80-$100K range.
Guch

Mike Freeman

Jun 21, 2006
Lots

We looked at homes in Casa Linda. That development is well established and about 8 years(?) old. Then we looked at a new development called Hispaniola by one of the same developers as Casa Linda. It gave us a good perspective of what Hispaniola will look like after it's finished. It's closer to Sosua.

ecarignan

Jan 9, 2003
www.commtech.ca
I think there is no doubt that Hispaniola will be a nicer project than CasaLinda once there are finished homes and paved streets. It's closer to Sosua, has nice oceanview, larger homes, more custom homes and a true owners association. CasaLinda still is a great gated community. There is about 25-30 houses being built in Hispaniola right now. Both projects are excellent for vacationers. Personnally, I prefer Perla Marina for the beach and quietness.