One other Canadian murdered in Puerto Plata

J

Jack

Acording to "Journal de Montreal" march 19 2000, Maurice Proulx, retire from army, resident of Puerto Plata for over 5 years, was murdered on march 4 2000, on the streets of Puerto Plata, over his wallet(money, credit cards, jewlery). This is the third Canadian, murdered in D.R., in the last 3 months. How safe is D.R.????

C

CES

Use this link to see other comment on crime in PoP:

http://www3.bravenet.com/forum/show.asp?msgid=0&userid=XC87864&fp2=

N

Nina

How safe is Canada????? Alot of foreigners go to the DR to live; I did, lived there (in Puerto Plata) for two years. People think that living in the DR they are free to do anything, and live a life that they cannot live here in Canada. Crime is everywhere. Sorry that this had to happen, but it happens all over the world. You have to use the same cautions as you would here in Canada over in the DR. You would not walk the streets, by yourself, especially in an area that you are not familiar with and think that you are safe???? I saw alot of things happen while I lived there; tourists and foreigners that lived there loved the free drinking ways, getting drunk, flashing money; so no wonder such things happen. They were at the wrong place at the wrong time.