New rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikki Simon

Nov 10, 2002
I have heard the following from a very unreliable source and would like to know if anyone has heard anything about this!

He tells me that from January, foreign residents have to leave the country every few months in order for the government to get the revenue for the departure/arrival tax (which I know we do not pay!). If we do not leave the country every so often, he says that we will not be able to leave at all!!!!!!!!

Yes, I know this sounds crazy but he says he heard it on the radio and on the TV and he keeps bugging me about it.

I have been searching for any new travel/residency rules but cannot find anything and there doesn't seem to be any discussion about it on these forums so I thought I would take a chance and ask.

Please don't be too hard on me!

Thanks

Nikki

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
There is no way they can stop anyone from leaving the country if you have a valid passport and will be allowed to enter your destination country. However, they can and do fine you for overstaying your visa.

It is possible, but not probable that they can bar you from entering the country again for overstaying your visa. The US has this policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.