Taxi Fare from airport to Cabarete

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyIsAGibbon

Dec 14, 2006
Good Morning,

Can anyone tell me how much the cab fare should be from the Puerto Plata airport to Cabarete. We are staying at the "Orilla del Mar" condos. Also, can someone please recommend a grocery store along the way to stock up on beer and snacks and such. Thanks so very much for your help.

Jimmy

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Good Morning,

Can anyone tell me how much the cab fare should be from the Puerto Plata airport to Cabarete. We are staying at the "Orilla del Mar" condos. Also, can someone please recommend a grocery store along the way to stock up on beer and snacks and such. Thanks so very much for your help.

Jimmy
The posted taxi fare at the airport is $30US which should be good for up to four passengers. Depending on the time of day - you could stop at Supermercado Playero in Sosua, you drive right by it on the way to Cabarete.

Gregg

Werner

Feb 19, 2004
The posted taxi fare at the airport is now $ 35. (i checked on sunday)
Its crazy, in St Domingo I can cross town for 200 pesos! And Cabarete from the airport is more then 1000!

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
There is a nice market, Jannet's, as you leave Cabarete. It costs a little more then Playero on some items, but if your tired from the trip why stop for more things to carry. The prices are the same both places, some more some less. Playero does have a better selection. There are 6 markets in Caberete that I know of. Good luck. PM me if you need help.

Foxee

Dec 23, 2006
It is ridiculous to pay $30/35 for a 20 minutes taxi ride from Puerto Plata Airport to Orilla Del Mar Condos in Cabarete to those taxi mafia. The better choice is to look around at the airport and you could rent a car for a day @ $25. I am also planning to stay at Orilla Del Mar as it came highly recommended. I am told that Orilla Del Mar Condos have a onsite conveience store selling bare necessities like beer and soda ( no food though)

Status
Not open for further replies.