only 24 more days

lonetraveller

Sep 4, 2006
Hi everyone.

Just a couple of questions

1. I am wanting to visit Mount Isabel de Torres but not on a paid excursion through the hotel. Does anyone know the cost of a taxi (it would have to be a resort taxi since the people I travel with don't enjoy experiencing local transportation), also anyone know cost of admission for the cable car ride?

2. I am planning on taking the guagua into Puerto Plata city from the complex. Is there a specific bus I should be taking? Fare to take the bus?

Thanks for you help in advance!

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
where are you staying ? i believe the cable car ride is about 100 pesos give or take. this was over a year ago. someone else can give you a recent price. be aware though of the fake tour guides out there. once you get to the top you can walk around yourself, you don't need a guide.

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
Negotiate.......

........with the Taxi driver..........

Cost from Playa Dorado to the mountain should be about $200RD to $250RD. one way..............make a deal for round trip.......they can wait or come back and pick you up at a certain time.

The cable car should be $100.RD per person........about $60.00RD per person if you are Dominican with a cedula or resident.

Even though the tour guides are not necessary...........you might want to take one and give them 50RD or 100RD.......they are funny and will make your trip a little more interesting...........and you'll be helping some kid....for a very little amount of $$$$$.

Peso currently around 32.70+- per US$.