Uzi Fire

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Am I reading correctly the victim was wearing a bullet proof vest?
Scary stuff for such a small community.

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Who Cares?

Am I reading correctly the victim was wearing a bullet proof vest?
Scary stuff for such a small community.

True.
But then certain people will be quick to tell us that those things happen everywhere...or the reasons are to be found in the victims' lives.
The latter can not be discarded though....

m'frog

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I think it's fair to say that the target in this case had managed to upset a lot of foreign residents, one way and the other. Not that that justifies taking an Uzi to him. Could be the attack was completely non-related, of course, and just used to make it look like it had links to the litigants case.

Werner

Feb 19, 2004
I wont say any names but there is a proper amount of real estate "agents"
( I prever to call it cowboys) around here that have no problem with selling houses without titles and many other problems. I can really imagine that if you loose all your savings sooner or later you get the one responsable for it.
Specially if there is no legal way to get anything back.
Here you can be a highschool dropout and never worked a day in your life and still become a real estate agent.
If your a real estate agent and wear a bullitproof vest, you know you cant look everybody straight in the eyes.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Surely not THAT bad! The country does not have a functioning legal system so the law is being taken into anyone's hands. (Anyone with a machine pistol that is - the one with the biggest gun wins!)

leehall

Oct 24, 2006
The person shot, was not a real estate agent. He was a investor, developing a 'community' in the hills for his friends and family. Seems to have upset a lot of people along the way.

I hear the uzi thing is a rumour and it was a regular handgun. This part I have heard second hand and not personally witnessed, so can't swear by it.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Bullet Proof Vests

the one with the biggest gun wins!)

At the rate it's going, it may not be too long before they start using grenades.

That and "head" shots circumvents the use of vests.

There is also ammunition that will penetrate the vests, one use to be able to buy it in the U.S.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Here is the El Faro article on this matter. The photos in the print version of the paper are far clearer, seeming to indicate bullet proof glass in vehicle window.
.: Peri?dico El Faro?Edici?n Digital :.

Sources have informed me that the court case was not put back; there was a finding in favour of the defendants (the 18 foreigners). The newspaper article says the target is not in a serious medical condition. Reactions to that picked up around town this morning were not effusive in their sense of relief, shall we say...............:ermm: