New schedule for power interruptions

cork

Aug 23, 2003
I read with a smile on my face the article about blackouts in DR that was on DR1's front page a week ago. It stated the country averaged 3 hours a day without power. At the time, in Sos?a, we were scheduled for 9 hours a day with out and realistically we were experiencing 10-11 hours a day without power.

This week's new schedule was posted on the EdeNorte website today and now we are scheduled for 11 hours a day, 5 hours morning and 6 hours evening, without power. Being scheduled for 11 hours without power really means 12-13 hours by the time they actually turn it back on. This is the website. Documento sin t?tulo

Interesting enough is that Charmicos, Pueblo Nuevo and Los Cerros are scheduled for only 4 hour blackouts daily, and El Batey is NOT even on the schedule for blackouts at all.

Time to add additional batteries to the inversore.:rolleyes:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
For The Past 2 Weeks I Have had Nerly Continuos Power!!!

Goes out for about 5 minutes, 3 or four times a day. That is when they are switching power grids at the control center. Before that it was off about 10 to 12 hours a day for many months. I can't figure it out after 11 years of the "BULLSCHIT"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

jojo2130

May 30, 2005
Time to add additional batteries to the inversore.:rolleyes:

Or get them Serviced ! Why Buy more when yours could be made to last longer !

I thought that the Energy was supposed to be Improving ! Is it because of the increased usage for Xmas Lights etc ?

Last edited:

diego200

Jan 30, 2006
In Sosua El Batey, how many times is electricity down every day? And for how long at each time ?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
in costa atlantica we have power cuts from 8am to 11am and then from 1pm to 4pm. i must say that dominicans are very prompt in executing this schedule. interesting, that the same zeal is never applied to any other activity in this country...
:laugh:

GForce209

Jan 1, 2002
I wonder

If Shakira looked at the schedule before the concert to see when her power was going to go out!