Border crossing, to Haiti by bus from Sto Dgo

noborders

Dec 4, 2006
Hi, sorry if I am in the wrong branch... I don't think that I have read the same question anywhere else before,
and are there some persons who have been in Haiti recently ?
1 - Is it easy for a European to cross the border, not too much red tape ?
2 - How long (average) would it take for a full bus to cross the border ?
3 - Also, how long is the travel and
3a - do you recommend any company ?
4 - I read also (a thread dating from 2002) that there are minibuses that start from the Haitian embassy in Sto Dgo, is it less safe than the bigger buses ?
5 - Finally, what is the current price, and do I need to book a seat many days in advance ?
Thank you for your patience !.

zak023

Done and dusted!
Feb 8, 2006
Caribe Tours

They have one departure daily from Santo Domingo ..Departs at 7:00AM and arrives in Petion-Ville Haiti at 11:00 AM..To check the price call them at 809-221-4422..On the Return there is also only one departure from Haiti back to Santo Domingo..That leaves the terminal in Haiti at 7:30 AM..

bobandjudy

Jan 20, 2006
Doesn't Terra Bus also go to Haiti? I know they did back in June 2005, and we saw them at the Metro Bus station in Santo Domingo about 11:30 AM last Wednesday. They have a Haiti-Petionville phone number on the bus (a 257 number).

GringoCArlos

Retired Ussername
Jan 9, 2002
Going from the DR to Haiti, there is no border stop or immigration. When the bus comes back towards the DR, usually it stops at the border, and everyone gets off and they look at your papers, and sometimes luggage. They don't get into much in the way of Customs exams, just looking to prevent bad things coming into the DR.