Verizon Flash / Linksys Wireless Router

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
I did a search, but did not find anything to help me.

I just connected the Linksys Wireless Router WRT54GS with Verizon Flash and my wired desktop worked with no problems or changes.

My problem is that I can not get my wireless laptop to work. Since I can use the laptop on other wireless networks with no problem, I therefore need to find out how to make the router accept my laptop connection. The modem I am using is from Verizon and I needed to enter the following into my desktop to access the Internet: IP Address, Subnet Mask, Default Gate, Preferred DNS Server and Alternate DNS Server. This I did before getting a router, thus I was able to get on the Internet.

:ermm: Does anyone here have a similar setup and can advise on how to get the router to communicate with my Wireless Laptop and access the Internet?

I do not know how to get into the router and change any of the settings.
I could not find how to change anything with the setup-wizard, such as security and/or passwords/keys etc.

Thanks in Advance

Don - SantiagoDR

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
The Linksys router is also like a DHCP server, that means you need to program it with Verizon's IP, subnet mask, gateway & DNS'es.

Afterwards, your PC can conect on "automatic" (dynamic IP's, no need to put Verizon's numbers).

Keep in mind you also might (or not, it depends of the setup) need to enter a password, or its hexadecimal's version to connect to your wireless network...

Last edited:

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Thanks Tamborista and Squat for your response.

I'm still being a dummy.

On the status screen it shows "Domain Name: domain.invalid".

But the laptop is now working wirelessly.

Thanks Again,

Don - SantiagoDR