Drug Trafficking in The DR

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Here's a perfect example of why drugs are blanketing the country El Nacional, la voz de todos.

The worst thing is that this not the first case...just the other day there was another case of the people involved in a very large cocaine shipment being freed.

You want to know why crime has increased tenfold over the last few years in The DR...this is exactly why...That judge should be disbarred and jailed.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
...That judge should be disbarred and jailed.

Just out of curiosity, who do you suggest should do the disbarring and jailing? By the way, did you hear the news where marihuana is the biggest cash crop in the US, bigger than corn and wheat combined? with a value exceeding US$35 billion this year?

ABCNews

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
From an internet search and quick calculation, it appears the street value of 388 kilos (850 pounds) of cocaine is somewhere near US$100 million, and a trafficker cost of about $3 million.

Considering that and the DNCD's belief that they had more than sufficient evidence, a US$3000 bail makes no sense.

Failing some very valid legal reasoning from the judge, I'd suspect either a payoff or serious threat to the judge from the defendents is at play.

It has to be demoralizing for the DNCD agents that actually risk their lives and do their jobs.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Just out of curiosity, who do you suggest should do the disbarring and jailing? By the way, did you hear the news where marihuana is the biggest cash crop in the US, bigger than corn and wheat combined? with a value exceeding US$35 billion this year?

ABCNews

I know...wishful thinking. The fox watching the hens...

Well to be honest I wish the drug problem in The DR was Marihuana and not Cocaine, crack, etc...as it is becoming...then all we would have to worry about would be drug addicts trying to steal our munchies.

On a serious side, this judge could have at least made it look like he was being serious about the bail and set it at more than 3000 USD. What a slap on the face on the DNCD (themselves a corrupt entity). What the DNCD could do (and it looks like what they will do) is completely ignore the release order and keep these guys in jail regardless...

Last edited:

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
I know...wishful thinking. The fox watching the hens...

Well to be honest I wish the drug problem in The DR was Marihuana and not Cocaine, crack, etc...as it is becoming...then all we would have to worry about would be drug addicts trying to steal our munchies.

On a serious side, this judge could have at least made it look like he was being serious about the bail and set it at more than 3000 USD. What a slap on the face on the DNCD (themselves a corrupt entity). What the DNCD could do (and it looks like what they will do) is completely ignore the release order and keep these guys in jail regardless...

Considering that the US marihuana crop is mostly grown indoors, let's hope that botanists, geneticists and biotechnologist come up soon with a coca plant variety that can be grown indoors, side-by-side with the marihuana. Then, and only then, will Colombia get rid of this corrupting crop, and the DR will cease being used as a stopover, and corrupted, by this drug on its way to market, the US.

zak023

Done and dusted!
Feb 8, 2006
Mirador

Considering that the US marihuana crop is mostly grown indoors, let's hope that botanists, geneticists and biotechnologist come up soon with a coca plant variety that can be grown indoors, side-by-side with the marihuana. Then, and only then, will Colombia get rid of this corrupting crop, and the DR will cease being used as a stopover, and corrupted, by this drug on its way to market, the US.

Wishful thinking..But the problem always gets blamed on Colombia..I visit Colombia often as my wife my in-laws live in Cali...Don't forget to include Peru and Bolivia as also being major coca producing countries.....The Colombian people dislike their Country as always being singled out as the problem country..

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
The worst thing is that this not the first case...just the other day there was another case of the people involved in a very large cocaine shipment being freed.

Last week's lot (the 2 Colombians) had at least done a year in custody, this current group passed the 'preventiva' stage in custody and went straight to bail.............. Since the year preventiva would have been to investigate the case to bring it to trial, one would have hoped that a year would have been long enough to 'finish' the investigation.........I know,I know, not how it works here.
Bienvenidos al Hoy Digital

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Que jodienda.....

It seems that drugs in the DR, the last few years, are everywhere.

Did you guys heard about the Dominican "mule"?, NOOOOO, not AZB's friend, I am talkig about the model who was caught in Italy about 2 weeks ago?.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i was lifted when i heard about two polish guys arrested for coke smuggling in DR few weeks ago. i am not alone!
(not in cocaine business, i meant nationalitywise ;) )

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
It seems that drugs in the DR, the last few years, are everywhere.

Did you guys heard about the Dominican "mule"?, NOOOOO, not AZB's friend, I am talkig about the model who was caught in Italy about 2 weeks ago?.

My chopo brother, when will you correct your grammer? It should be "did you guys hear..." (not heard).
Anyway, why worried about all this drug problem and crime being 10 folds? Live in nicer residential areas and you will never see any of the above listed problems (and I don't mean gated communities). In almost 9 years of living here, I have yet to see drugs being sold on street corners or knowing anyone who uses drugs here. I used to see the drug culture every where in USA, but not in this coutry (so far). Crime??? what crime. I have not seen any 10 folds in crime anywhere either where I live or socialize. You guys must live in ghettos or a hole in the wall barrio in montellano, maybe cien fuego in santiago or some dangerous barrio in santo domingo. You want to see drugs and crime, you will find it if you look hard enough.
The expats who are living in north coast and mix with cheap hookers and pimps are the first ones who fall victims to crime. Why doesn't this all happen to me or to hillbilly or to DMS3511 (???)? I got mugged once thats because I was in the wrong place at the wrong time, looking for trouble. I am sure if I return there, I will be mugged again. Other than that, I see no problems anywhere. I am sure the majority of drugs which is shipped through DR is bound to end up in USA or europe.
So whats the big hype about crime and drugs? You want to see all that, just walk into any barrio in the poor area and you will see it all. The barrios always had their share of trouble from the beginning of time.
Funny the people who make a big fuss about all this crime and drug trafficking are onces who don't even live here in the first place.
AZB

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
must agree with AZB, i personally do not know a single drug user, as to drug smugglers/dealers i do not know, they don't seem to announce their occupation.
"people say" that all big money comes from something illegal but i don't know...

C

Chip00

The only good news about this is at least the DNCD is appealing the release of the prisoners and they also denounced in public the judge. It's not a lot but it is a start towards transparency.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
My chopo brother, when will you correct your grammer? It should be "did you guys hear..." (not heard).
Anyway, why worried about all this drug problem and crime being 10 folds? Live in nicer residential areas and you will never see any of the above listed problems (and I don't mean gated communities). In almost 9 years of living here, I have yet to see drugs being sold on street corners or knowing anyone who uses drugs here. I used to see the drug culture every where in USA, but not in this coutry (so far). Crime??? what crime. I have not seen any 10 folds in crime anywhere either where I live or socialize. You guys must live in ghettos or a hole in the wall barrio in montellano, maybe cien fuego in santiago or some dangerous barrio in santo domingo. You want to see drugs and crime, you will find it if you look hard enough.
The expats who are living in north coast and mix with cheap hookers and pimps are the first ones who fall victims to crime. Why doesn't this all happen to me or to hillbilly or to DMS3511 (???)? I got mugged once thats because I was in the wrong place at the wrong time, looking for trouble. I am sure if I return there, I will be mugged again. Other than that, I see no problems anywhere. I am sure the majority of drugs which is shipped through DR is bound to end up in USA or europe.
So whats the big hype about crime and drugs? You want to see all that, just walk into any barrio in the poor area and you will see it all. The barrios always had their share of trouble from the beginning of time.
Funny the people who make a big fuss about all this crime and drug trafficking are onces who don't even live here in the first place.
AZB
My Lapela user friend, correct your grammar, it's not grammer (for grammar nor coutry (for country) nor onces (for ones) nor europe (for Europe). Again, you keep on trying to correct me when your own spellings are worse. You are a funny man, hahahaha!.

So now you are telling us that since we don't live in the DR that we don't know about drugs in the DR?. Drugs were a problem in the DR WAYYYYYY before you relocated there!.

It's good to know that if you live in a nice area that you will never see drugs. Wow, I wonder what those guys in Arroyo Hondo were thinking?.

If I go live in Pakistan (NOT IN THIS FRICKING LIFE!!), can I claim to know more about their everyday life than you?. You keep forgetting that you are just a mere guest in the DR. But I do know that you know a lot about it.

I don't think that I have seen anybody in the DR using or buying drugs but that doesn't mean that it doesn't exists. We also do not have to live there to know what's going on, all one needs to do is pick up a newspaper, watch the news and talk to friends to know what's going on over there.

By the way, the other Dominican drug mule was NOT flying out of the DR, she was carrying 98 "balloons" from Brussels to Italy and had a Dutch passport.

Oh well, another one off the streets and where she belongs!.

Last edited:

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
My Lapela user friend, correct your grammar, it's not grammer (for grammar nor coutry (for country) nor onces (for ones) nor europe (for Europe). Again, you keep on trying to correct me when your own spellings are worse. You are a funny man, hahahaha!.

So now you are telling us that since we don't live in the DR that we don't know about drugs in the DR?. Drugs were a problem in the DR WAYYYYYY before you relocated there!.

It's good to know that if you live in a nice area that you will never see drugs. Wow, I wonder what those guys in Arroyo Hondo were thinking?.

If I go live in Pakistan (NOT IN THIS FRICKING LIFE!!), can I claim to know more about their everyday life than you?. You keep forgetting that you are just a mere guest in the DR. But I do know that you know a lot about it.

I don't think that I have seen anybody in the DR using or buying drugs but that doesn't mean that it doesn't exists. We also do not have to live there to know what's going on, all one needs to do is pick up a newspaper, watch the news and talk to friends to know what's going on over there.

By the way, the other Dominican drug mule was NOT flying out of the DR, she was carrying 98 "balloons" from Brussels to Italy and had a Dutch passport.

Oh well, another one off the streets and where she belongs!.

The difference is I do know about my errors but too lazy to correct them, but you don't know your own, thus, you can't correct them. Hahahahaha

Now I maybe a guest here but guess what, I am better known here than you and I know more about this daily life then you would ever know. So yes, I am a guest here but what are you here? a tourist? hahahaha, loser.

So what there are drugs here, I don't see them so it doesn't affect my life in any way. We have nuclear bombs in USA, but do I get to see them?

So yes there are drugs and crime in barrios but did you come here to live in barrios? if yes, then better buy a gun and put fat iron bars on your windows.

This country is still safer than north america. I would rather live here than there.
AZB

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
What a moron, hahaha!

The difference is I do know about my errors but too lazy to correct them, but you don't know your own, thus, you can't correct them. Hahahahaha

Now I maybe a guest here but guess what, I am better known here than you and I know more about this daily life then you would ever know. So yes, I am a guest here but what are you here? a tourist? hahahaha, loser.

So what there are drugs here, I don't see them so it doesn't affect my life in any way. We have nuclear bombs in USA, but do I get to see them?

So yes there are drugs and crime in barrios but did you come here to live in barrios? if yes, then better buy a gun and put fat iron bars on your windows.

This country is still safer than north america. I would rather live here than there.
AZB
Keep on telling yourself that, moron.

Oh Pakistani, when are you going to admit that I am your idol?, hahaha!.

Indeed, the DR is safer than the US. Well, at least safer than many parts of the US.

Now, BABOSO, you do sound like a Dominican know-it-all and I guess your knowledge is from befriending people from all classes (even though you claim NOT to "hang" with certain types of people, yeah right).

Yes, you are better known. That's because you "walk" in ALL cycles over there and NOT just the ONE you want to make us believe. Why you think so MANY DR1 members look for you, you "party animal", you?, hahahahahaha.

You know so much that this old Dominican saying best describes you:

"Sabes tanto que sabes a mierda", wahahahahahahaha!!.

Now, on a SERIOUS note since this thread is about drugs:

Any updates about your friend?. I am been serious.

Last edited:

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
"Sabes tanto que sabes a mierda", wahahahahahahaha!!.
Any updates about your friend?. I am been serious.

Hahahaha, that was a good one.

No word on my friend yet. Everyone was away on holidays so I didn't get to talk to anyone who knows her well.
AZB

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
So what there are drugs here, I don't see them so it doesn't affect my life in any way. We have nuclear bombs in USA, but do I get to see them?........................This country is still safer than north america. I would rather live here than there. AZB

I would agree that DR is safer than North America but how much of a recommendation is that? It is also safer than UK.........again is that much of a recommendation? ;)

As for things we 'don't see' not affecting our lives.............would that be the definition of isolationism, I wonder? I won't repeat what I said in another thread on this subject but see
http://www.dr1.com/forums/general-stuff/56709-dr-drugs.html

The big difference is the drug problem in UK & US has a lot of non-corrupt resources thrown at it.

vince1956

On Vacation!
May 24, 2006
Dominican narcotics agency announce arrests

SANTO DOMINGO. - The country?s first 2007 arrest of a "mule" transporting drugs took place in the Las Americas International Airport (AILA), while boarding a flight headed for Spain with a large amount of narcotics taped to his body and more than 100 bags in his stomach

:bunny: more onhttp://www.dominicantoday.com/app/article.aspx?id=21145

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I would agree that DR is safer than North America
Wow! That's a 9,450,000 sq.mi. brush you just used to paint that pic, Lambada. I would say a many million sq.mi. area of NA is MUCH safer than the DR. Maybe not the inner cities, but most of the rest of it. I cannot vouch for GB and Europe, however, never been there (yet).

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Dominican drugdealing is everywhere in every town in the DR, just as it is in most towns/cities in NA, Europe...etc. Last summer when i was in Jarabacoa, I saw a Brand new BMW 7series in Barrio Don Bosco, the poorest neighbourhood in Jarabacoa. My stepson told me it was one of the drugdealers from La Vega.
Having lived in 5 provinces and 2 states(oregon, california) I would say that the DR is catching up to places like Portland Oregon for danger but hasn't come close to East LA. Most of CANADA is way safer than either the DR or most of the USA, but there are exceptions to every rule. Downtown Vancouver is very dangerous in a small area, because of drugs, ganga..etc. The same for most cities over 50,000 anywhere in the world.