Done over by a Gringo!

WeeJee

Jun 26, 2006
We returned home yesterday, after a nice afternoon down town to find that we had been burgled. We were only gone for a few hours, between 1 o'clock and 5. Luckily our neighbour saw the guy, but unfortunately thought nothing of it, as he was a white guy with longer length, greasy hair, longer style black shorts and carrying a black rucksack over his shoulder. The bag turns out to be the one he stole from us to put his booty in! So please be warned, it is obviously not only Dominicans/Haitians that rob us, as we are normaly lead to believe. But we also don't think the prick was working alone, as there was a pair of sand colour boots left behind (they were exchanged for a nice pair of trainers/sneekers), but they could have been planted to make us think a Dominican or Haitian had robbed us.
P.S. If you should come across a white Chicago Black Hawks ice hockey top with the name GRISWOLD and 00 on the back , let me know. Keep safe over the holidays.

RandyE

Feb 4, 2002
Bet that jersey gets recognized- any one that has seen the National Lampoon vacation movies will pick up on that in a sec.!

Don Juan

Living Brain Donor
Dec 5, 2003
Hmmm! You sure they were gringos? I mean, isn't it possible that they might have been white Dominicans? We have those, you know!

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Hmmm! You sure they were gringos? I mean, isn't it possible that they might have been white Dominicans? We have those, you know!

Reminds me of a friend in the capital who's a little fed up with the ways of his country. He got mad when his driver's license was being issued recently. They tried to list him as blanco & he said he wasn't. The woman said, well you're 'blanco oscuro'. He laughed at the contradiction of terms, but still wouldn't let her do it.

WeeJee

Jun 26, 2006
Bet that jersey gets recognized- any one that has seen the National Lampoon vacation movies will pick up on that in a sec.!

You are so right.... The top was a special gift to my guy as we watch that movie at least twice every Christmas. So please keep your eyes peeled. From all the crap that was stolen (and it really was crap), this is probably the only thing I would love to get back!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Reminds me of a friend in the capital who's a little fed up with the ways of his country. He got mad when his driver's license was being issued recently. They tried to list him as blanco & he said he wasn't. The woman said, well you're 'blanco oscuro'. He laughed at the contradiction of terms, but still wouldn't let her do it.

is that an offence to be called "blanco"? like "height: small"?

WeeJee

Jun 26, 2006

Unfortunately, it wasn't me who saw him, but my neighbour. Just going by what he said.:nervous:

WeeJee

Jun 26, 2006
OK, now that I've had a good laugh, which town are you talking about? and did you report the crime? Was your house open or was it broken into?

Oh, I forgot to mention all of that. Ok.... Sosua (suprise, suprise) and no, we didn't bother, as they only got away with crap. That is why I went straight on to DR1, to at least get the vague discription we have of the guy out to you all. You never know, someone else may see this guy strolling out of somebody's home and start asking him questions!?! My house is barred, but they/he managed to find a weak spot and break off one of the bars, jimmy the window open and get in. We found a (camp) at the back of our house, so they must have been spying for a few days to wait for the oportune moment to do their Christmas shopping, Dominican style.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
is that an offence to be called "blanco"? like "height: small"?

dv8,
no... often preferred - why so many avoid the sun.
my friend (a doctor) just thinks it's another little sign of insanity in DR culture. although he has some caucasian/anglo features, his skin is not that light.
anyhow, i'm offtrack for this thread. you'll find threads exist on this topic, i think.

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
Unfortunately, it wasn't me who saw him, but my neighbour. Just going by what he said.:nervous:

Just wondering, how well do you know your neighbour? I am not saying this may be the case, but could it possibly be someone your neighbour knew and is giving you a story about a gringo to throw you off the scent trail? Did your neighbour know you were leaving for a few hours, or possibly seen you leave, and orchestrated the whole thing?

If you trust your neighbour, then forget what I have said. I just can't believe a gringo would set up camp, break in, and only steal crap (your words-not mine!! LOL) Sosua is not all that big, surely, a man of that description would not be hard to find, if he in fact, exists!

Marlie

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
maybe you should check your neighbor to see if any items appear in their house. this sounds all too neat. how is it that someone can set up camp and not be noticed by anyone ? did the shoes left behind look foreign or local ?

sorry to take you through this CSI scenario...

WeeJee

Jun 26, 2006
maybe you should check your neighbor to see if any items appear in their house. this sounds all too neat. how is it that someone can set up camp and not be noticed by anyone ? did the shoes left behind look foreign or local ?

sorry to take you through this CSI scenario...

My neighbour is honest as the day is long. They have been broken into twice themselves, the last time was last Easter, and all the evidence and conditions were the same. It was my husband who found the lookout behind our house and I think not noticing it is due to the fact that it was behind a tree in the thickett and very low down! I had heard of this many times before, but could never imagine it could actualy happen. The boots were the sand coloured ones, like Dominican and Haitian workers/concho drivers wear. By the way, thanks for your CSI scenario. Merry Christmas. :bandit:

danely

Apr 23, 2004
HMMMM...sounds vaguely reminiscent of the Percale Bandit !!! Did you see any sheets ? Could it be that man of mystery, Michael John, has returnde to the scene !?

WeeJee

Jun 26, 2006
HMMMM...sounds vaguely reminiscent of the Percale Bandit !!! Did you see any sheets ? Could it be that man of mystery, Michael John, has returnde to the scene !?

Who is Michael John/Percale Bandit:confused: ? What do you mean 'has he returned?' By the way, there were no sheets.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
You Are Obviously NOT FOLLOWING Rule # One Of The DR!!!

NEVER Leave Your House EMPLTY!!!
cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Who is Michael John/Percale Bandit:confused: ? What do you mean 'has he returned?' By the way, there were no sheets.

Do you sleep on a bare mattress?
Even The Percale Bandit knows his Egyptian Cotton thread count.

tambo'