Tainos

T

Tarah

Holas to everyone. I'm doing a big project on the anicent Tainos from the Dominincan Republic. Could you direct me to some good resourses? (i.e. internet sites, books, etc) Thanks!

T

Terry Moran

Having had an avid interest in the Tainos and living in the Caribbean including the DR for the last 35 years, there is a wealth of info available on the internet. However since the Dr had the highest population of Tainos in the world prior to their extinction by the Spanish 1492 - 1547. There is a woman in Santo Domingo whose name is Patricia Reid Baquero at Maximo Gomez # 1, who has a tremendous knowledge of their history. I do not currently have her number, but call information Santo Domingo. I also have artifacts in museums all over the world on loan on the Tainos, who were a wonderful, gentle people. Hopethis helps - Terry

S

Susanne

You should try the following:

The National Museum of the American Indian One Bowling Green New York, NY 10004

Tele# (212) 514-3716

Ask for Jorge Estevez who is Dominican and specializes in the Tainos.

Regards, Susanne

E

el jibarito

Jorge specializes in Tainos because he is a Dominican Taino. He is , indeed, an excellent source.

D

debbie stracuzzi

where in D.R. can you visit an archeology site with Taino Indians? I love the country and would like to visit an excavation