Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

It's like a stupid game they play. I've seen it over and over again. They'll pass on a curve, nearly head-on somebody and then turn and laugh about it. I wouldn't recommend trying to get even... you will never win.

Chip00

Default Wheresabouts?

Can anybody tell me where this is happening? I honestly can't ever remember seeing that happen here in Santiago or Moca and I've lived here a combined year and a half or more.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

well I am sure it depends on what you look like .....I am a big gringo ....so maybe that makes me a bigger target for these guys little escapades....because they are gone in a flash and figure Ill never come after them or catch up to them...if you were a woman or a girl...I seriously doubt they would do it to you.....

It has happened to me a few times in Li Cey..and the rest in Santiago....because we shop a lot there.......I dont think it has happened to me in Sosua...mainly because there, it doesnt seem like I walk many places where the motorcycles get up enough speed to make the effect they are looking for........

I seldom sit home..we are always on the go doing something...traveling around....so it may be a combination of exposure as well........

bob

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

one of the biggest dangers i think are the Motorcycles without lights.....

I think it would be way cheaper for the goverment to just open a place that puts free lights on any motorcycle that comes in...rather than repititously confiscate and return........that would be a HUGE burden for most of those people to loose their biggest investment after the place they live in......

IMAGINE for a second what traffic would be like if 75% of the motorcycles owners had cars to drive........insane gridlock..........

bob

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by laurapasinifan View Post

IMAGINE for a second what traffic would be like if 75% of the motorcycles owners had cars to drive........insane gridlock..........

bob
    Even though I hate the things, I have to agree with that one.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

howmar, you cracked me up with your story....

i see those motoconchistos doing their trick in POP all the time. minovio seems to play his own game, he puts a throttle down (we have a big car) and never EVER slows down. that makes an unfortunate motoconchisto drive to the curve in panic.

minovio's theory is that some motoconcho drivers want to "bump" into you, especially if you slow down (less risk of a serious injury for them) then rob you, threaten with a lawsuit, demand money, whatever else.

i do not know if that is true...

Post Thanks / Like

It is - it's happened to Mr C a couple of times. They think he's a gringo.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

exactly, minovio is also very white. i fear when i start driving i will be an object of a motoconcho hunt....

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JDJones View Post
    And they ought to keep them when thier confiscated.. Great way for the Gov't to make more money.
    i figured out another financial support for the government. why not sell confiscated cocaine? people want that and it seems such a waste to burn it, or whatever is done with it. quick way to make a few bucks for the budget...

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought they took the lights and mirrors off so they won't get broken

Bob K

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast