2 wachiman murdered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard Edwards

May 14, 2006
at Las Terrenas. According to LT online, 2 wachiman were murdered at Colibri in Las Terrenas. Anybody know anything about this?

ED

ninapup

Sep 16, 2004
Yes, I do.
But I can't be bothered to comment.
My posts about news on crime are normally deleted here.

m'frog[/QUOTE
Hi m'frog,
Can you please PM me. I'd appreciate it if the moderator would let you tell all. This is important to some of us. This is our neighborhood and we're planning to return in early Jan. Need to know if we should pack the cannon. After being shot at last year we've completed the Great Wall, added lots more lighting and dogs. Sounds like it will be impossible to get a watchiman this year. Not the LT paradise of the 1980's.

Otter

Nov 20, 2005
I was just reading about the american journalist being beat by police and the public, and now this. I feel like I am reading Darfur1, not DR1.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
My posts about news on crime are normally deleted here.
m'frog

Hey Froggy, now lookie here. If you carefully analyze some of the responses on posts on crime (3 of them running in the living forum currently), you'll maybe understand why it is sometimes better for the truth to remain in the DR newspapers and not on DR1. ;)

Anyway, pointless speculation will be deleted. Facts, you may be surprised, may just remain.

(I like the blue and red emoticons! Now, if I can just catch that darn bunny and have him for Chrismas Dinner!)

Andy B

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
www.elmarinique.com
With the risk of being deleted myself, I've gotta' agree with the 'frog: many posts regarding crime in the DR have been deleted on this forum. Instead of telling it like it really is here, quit presenting a "Susie Cream Cheese" version of life (and crime) on this island. As a hotel owner myself, I would be very interested to find out what happened at Colibri so I can take steps to PROTECT my guests should the same circumstance arise. That's my responsibility to them.

"Censoring information, however gruesome, is a blatant misuse of the responsibility of public trust placed in a news media, even one such as DR1." Andy B - 2006

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Sort of.

The fact remains that two men were murdered. the how and why should come to light, and I, for one, would appreciate knowing them. If M'frog can provide these answers, more the better.

And the cops said a couple of days ago that there were expecting 800 fewer murders this year than last year...

So, please keep us informed as to what is happening...

HB

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
We'll publish what is relevant. Free Speech? You have to pay at least double for that;) We have editorial rules and mods to see that those are adhered to. OK now, all of you are off topic. Carry on please.

(I've just had a quick look and there are four 'crime' threads on the first page of the living forum. And how many did you say were deleted)? :classic:

ninapup

Sep 16, 2004
Let it Out

:paranoid: While we are not on the Island some of us are reliant on DR1 for information, which I believe for the most part ultimately leads to the truth. If we are not presented with this information how can we be fully prepared to protect ourselves, our tenants and visiting friends when incidents such as this are happening in our backyard. Most of us can put aside the sensational, the over the top and the ridiculous to get at what we NEED to know, but only if we are presented with it. As far as scaring investors off, maybe some of them will step up to the plate and take on some responsibility for creating a more secure atmosphere in a town that is suffering from the pains of rapid development without the infrastructure to support it.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
so what is relevant here is the full details of this incident....agreed ? i'm coming to the DR again in 3 weeks and this information is relevant to me. i wonder how you would feel if someone from this site went to Las Terranas and was a victum of crime because of lack of information from this website ? this site is the single most important source for traveler info for the DR......

i understand the rules and regulations of this website but censorship of these types of incident is not becoming..but i understand your point, mod....

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
The topic is watcheemen that were killed while, I presume, doing their job at the Colibri in Las Terenas. So far, this thread has been long on complaints but singularly short on facts. At this moment, this thread is still alive. Not for long though, if we do not get at least some facts. Why?, Howcome?, What are the issues? Are the newspapers picking this up? Is a DR1 member involved? .. simple. Facts that are relevant will not be deleted. Yellow and scare mongering reporting will! Show me DR1 relevance and the facts and the impact on the community. And I guess that is what Ninapup wants as well.

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
Indeed, this double-murder is only being talked about in the forums (DR & lt-online).
However, first-hand info is that gunshots are heard everynight in the Colibri area (Playa Las Ballenas).
Rumour is that Politur is involved... Don't know if it is a fact...
-Am I gonna be deleted for stating that ???

Please, don't be so sharp on deleting posts as we do use the board as one of the only FREE place to post info.

As you well know, dominican press is not free, most newspapers and website (such as Clave Digital) belongs to local banks and are tied with political parties...

Some of us, like Mountainfrog and like me live here, and we do need the info. Please realise the responsability the moderator is taking when deleting a post...

That should show the importance of RD1 as a fundamental source of info (versus www.lt-online which is just a bunch of crap)...

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
so DR1 doesn't exercise the right of free speech ???

Nope.

It's very simple, we work under the DR1 Constitution, not the American.

Unless the crime threads are directly related to expats or DR1'ers then expect them to be deleted or closed.

Sorry, but this is not the place for those few that love to watch train wrecks.

If anyone has any "real" facts on the security guys killed, PM me or Chris, until then, the thread is closed.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
As a hotel owner myself, I would be very interested to find out what happened at Colibri so I can take steps to PROTECT my guests should the same circumstance arise. That's my responsibility to them.

"Censoring information, however gruesome, is a blatant misuse of the responsibility of public trust placed in a news media, even one such as DR1." Andy B - 2006

Why don't you pick up the phone and call them if your that interested, then PM me or Chris the "real" facts.

Censoring, deleting, editing or whatever you like to call it is alive and kicking on DR1. We have never disguised the fact it happens and it has been happening from day one and will continue to happen.

I'm responsible, so throw any mud or issues you have about this in my direction and not towards the moderators.

Status
Not open for further replies.