Barcelo Bavaro Beach

J

Jeff

My wife and I along with our 7yr old son are looking at booking a 2 week vacation at this resort. I have explored the reivews on Debbies site and still have a few questions. Can anyone provide me with information on the childrens programs? Also how is the snorkeling around the resort? Are there good scuba dive sites in punta cana? Finally which buildings are closest to and have the best view of the beach? Thank You

C

Cathy

Jeff--Just returned today! Didn't want to go home. We were supposed to stay at the Beach put got bumped up to the Palace. Good improvement, we were happy, but spent alot of time at the Beach too. Very nice resort, will definately return. Best building is in the 4000 or 5000 block (closest to everything) but I don't think there is a bad block of rooms. The beach is beautiful, playground area on beach, activities for kids all around us. The staff if great, good food, burgers and french fries for kids and lots of everything else. We had one person who was not certified in diving so they wanted $400US for him to dive so we didn't go. Great suba driving around the point from our beach, $15 US, they took us there by boat 1 1/2 hours, although the coral wasn't real colorful, we saw alot of neat fish. You can suba in front of the resort, lots of fish and some coral for free, one hour use of equipment at a time. Paddle boats, banana rides, para-sailing and lots more to do. Let me know if you have more questions. Cathy

D

Deb

Hola Cathy: We leave for Bavaro Beach Resort on Friday, can hardly wait. What was the weather like???Did you see any mosquitoes? Did you get travellers runs? Thanks

C

Cathy

Hi Deb: Are you ready for heaven??? No travelers runs, just got alittle sick from the plane, not sure if it was the airline food, felt like crap for acouple of days. Not one misquito. You HAVE to go on the Monster truck tour. The guides fight over who get the truck with Americans or Candians, they are so much fun. They say we are most friendly!! Bring small toys, pencils or candy for the kids you'll see. Please don't throw them to the kids while the truck in moving because they will run after the trucks. This is the best way to see the country. We didn't swim in the river (my doctors advise) We saw a school, voodoo doctors office, a grocery store, cheese factory, a home and lots in between. The lunch they serve you is the best. The people are sooo friendly there. Alot of proverty, but they are happy, always singing and dancing. The sun is hot on the trip, wear a hat, lots of sunscreen, and no contact lenses because of the dust. I had a pack of wet ones and chapstick, we used it. There are outhouses provided along the way, they were very clean. They provide beer, water, rum & coke or pop on the trucks. They sell hats on the trip, I think they were $13.00. Cathy