san jose de las matas nightlife

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
isn't this place up in the hills ? i would think you would have to go into santiago to really enjoy a "disco". i could be worng...

Sep 19, 2005
Igua Bar...come into SJDLM....when you read the sign that says welcome to San Jose De La Mata...soon after there is basically the only big intersection in town...turn right there....go down and keep looking up to the left...it is up on the hill some...there is one other disco , but it is really a small place...and I dont know the name...good luck

its a good ride into santiago...if you can crash in santiago for the night.. thats a better place to go out.....but you dont want to drive back to San jose de la Mata , after partying in santiago!! ha ha ha

bob

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Bob tu sabe mucho de SAJOMA, hahah

yes Igua Bar is the main venue, I usually go in August when the Fiestas Culturales de San Jose are on, and then for those two weeks they make parties almost every day of the week. So since I only go when on vacation I don't think Its a like a regular club that's open all the time. There are other disco bars around the town that you can hang out and drink and they blare the merengue and bachatas. I went a few times to Tropi Disco a small cozy little club with a restaurant next door.

Oh you wanted to know what is it like? well the town its very cozy, its a like a big family town, everybody knows each other, so when you go into the little bar like places its very humble and sort of rural I suppose. You can wear anything you like, no need to dress up, but you know Dominicans they must always look their best, :). I think overall the area its very safe but of course always use precaution.

Last edited:

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
make sure you park your car in a well lit street, in front of colmado etc. I had my stereo stolen in sajoma, in the city street. The bar scene is total chopo 100%. The disco BOB has mentioned is usually filled with tigres, brugal drinking crowd and on weeknights, its dead. Some times they have family activities there but mostly sajoma is a dead town for partying. The women are very attractive there but you will not see them in discos or in streets. The good girls are kept home or if they go out partying, they come to santiago.
AZB