Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Kobi Rent SA in Perla Marina

I am just about to place a reservation for a one month car rental with KOBI RENT SA out of Perla Marina. On their web site they display very competitive rates (inluding taxes and insurances) and they seem a serious company.
    But before I commit myself I would like to ask here about their reputation(?)

Thanks! ... J-D.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default hope so too

Indeed, I would like to know too, 'cause we booked a toyota rav, 3 week rental with them in February 07. Still, nothing is paid yet, so all info very welcome...
    Katrien

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, based on my search, this is not the only time the question was asked... and left basically un answered. It would seem that they are of German decent... so maybe this explains why noboy on here would have had any experiences with them. they are mentinoned on the Swiss-Dominican forum (domrep.ch) ... but only briefly.
    I will try them and I will post my experience on here so the next ones will have the answer I was hoping for.

Thanks! ... J-D.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks!
    When will you be needing their services?
    Katrien

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katrien View Post
    thanks!
    When will you be needing their services?
    Katrien
    I have just sent them my reservation today for a one month rental starting February 1st.
    I will post as soon as I can after my arrival, especially if it would be a negative.
    Previously I have asked them very clear questions about their included insurance(s), since this is part of what makes them so competitive, and their answer was most positive and detailed.

... J-D.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll check for you post beginning February, thanks!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I wrote I would report back.... so, here it is:

Quote Originally Posted by J D Sauser View Post
    I will try them and I will post my experience on here so the next ones will have the answer I was hoping for.

Thanks! ... J-D.

So, as promised I am posting a first report.
    I just arrived at POP today (Feb 1st) and sure enough I was greeted at the the airport by a Lady with a sign with my name on. Very friendly... approached me in English... turns out she's Swiss (German speaking) and her partner is German. She had the car (a 3 year old Kia 4 door with AC and automatic) with her, and off we drove to their place just East of Sosua... with a little stop at the new Bavarian butcher on the way out'a Sosua .
    Simple little contract... not passport taking... price and deposit as discussed.
    So, so far everything is just fine

I hope this is of help to someone.
    ... J-D.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

What's the price for that?
    I have rented before from KAYAK rentals along the Malecon in POP and it was short term, the cheapest I could find at 40$perday... Brand new car too.
    : p.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PabloPaul View Post
    What's the price for that?
    I have rented before from KAYAK rentals along the Malecon in POP and it was short term, the cheapest I could find at 40$perday... Brand new car too.
    : p.
    I do not know for sure if the Forum will allow me to post their web site. Their prices start at USD29.oo/day for monthly rentals including insurances. I would suggest you do an internet surch for "KOBI rent SA Sosua". I found them over a Swiss-Domincan forum and there has been an inquiery about them earlier on this Forum.

... J-D.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Reliable Kobi Rent

Dear J D Sauser,

Thank you very much for the feedback.
    We'll be arriving the 19th this month. I'm very happy to hear that everything is going smoothly with them. If you have any more news, I'm all ears!
    By the way, did you also pay your deposit in cash? Seems a bit weird to me. Normaly a deposit is waived if you leave your visa number, no?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast