Limewire download problem.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I have been using limewire just fine for a couple of years downloading videos, MP3 etc. Now all of the sudden, I can't connect or if I connect I can't download a thing or if I do download, its no more then 2kb /sec. Its horrible.
So I would like to know if verizon is blocking these programs from functioning properly?
Is there is a real fix for this issue? If not then whats a good MP3 download program that actually works without installing trojans, adware.

Please if you guys don't know the issue I am refering to with limewire, do not give me google searched answers. I am no dummy to internet. I don't want to hear if I scanned for adwares, trojans, firewall blocking, reinstalling windows, reinstalling program, or what new programs have I installed recently etc etc etc.
I am way beyond that. So women, please stay away from this thread.
AZB

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I thought P2P programs and unpaid services were coming under serious legal fire for copyright infringements. Maybe they are applying the brakes?

I recall a recent court ruling that has made P2P services re-think their strategy.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
I have been using limewire just fine for a couple of years downloading videos, MP3 etc. Now all of the sudden, I can't connect or if I connect I can't download a thing or if I do download, its no more then 2kb /sec. Its horrible.
So I would like to know if verizon is blocking these programs from functioning properly?
Is there is a real fix for this issue? If not then whats a good MP3 download program that actually works without installing trojans, adware.

Please if you guys don't know the issue I am refering to with limewire, do not give me google searched answers. I am no dummy to internet. I don't want to hear if I scanned for adwares, trojans, firewall blocking, reinstalling windows, reinstalling program, or what new programs have I installed recently etc etc etc.
I am way beyond that. So women, please stay away from this thread.AZB

WHAT!!!!!!? Ok buster you are pushing it I hope you have nighmares of all of the DR1 women just chasing you around Santiago with sticks and and I I Hope even your novias will be in the nightmares.:eek: :eek: :eek: :angry: and for that I won't tell what I know about computers, so there, your loss.:sleep:

and and I hope you can't fix your problem........so there, prrlrllrlsrlll

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
I also use Limewire, previously I used Kazaa Lite & Winmx. But on addition to Limewire, I use Bittorrent which is excellent for movies and full albums. It's not an easy program but you're a techie, so you won't have a problem. I recall also installing Bittornado.

Sep 19, 2005
get azureus and start using bit-torrent with the rest of the modern world. Limewire is like, sooooooo 2006.
please Mike....we are all getting old fast enough dont push us!!!!!!!!!!!

AZB..just ask MAR nicely what songs you want..she will download them in a zip..and have them sent to you...and you only have to buy her new clothes and take her to dinner, and and...oh my computer is running out of ink....

bob

MaryS

Feb 13, 2003
identity theft

Sorry for intruding on a male dominated subject like this... There have been numerous articles lately about how much identity theft is coming out of Limewire. Good luck.

Sep 19, 2005
dont worry no body wants AZB's identity:eek:

good luck on that problem....

Id search for forums that talk about limewire and other P2P sites for more new info on the same problem you are having...

ther eare enough users out there that if it is a LIMEWIRE problem...it will be a subject....if not it may be and issue close to home

bob

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Change your software dude and come play with us adults. That Lime stuff is for sissies (male sissies!) :devious:

uhm... funny how this woman never has to ask AZB for assistance with computers or operating systems or software.

Last edited:

jrzguy2

Sep 1, 2004
Hmm, I wonder if any of the updates I download from Microsoft have anything to do with it?

that is an interesting point. I recently ugraded to IE7 (hate it)...and have had all sortsa problems with other things. (specificaly my outlook inbox emptied on me...sent items are fine)...i found where they were stored as DBX files...but i cant get them imported into outlook express!!!

The possability of ID theft scares me as i had a ton of personal information in there.

could there be a link to limewire???? (btw...limewire has been running ok for me)

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
ID Theft & P2P file sharing

I would not recommend using the same drive to download music or movies as the one with my personal, bank and credit info. If you don't have two PCs or two hard-drives at least partition the one hard-drive into two parts and place your important information on the seperate partition away from any goodies that hackers will attach to music and video files. If you are running Norton or McAfee, I would recommend downloading the free AVG anit-virus utility and ZoneAlarm. I personally keep my personal info on an external hard-drive I created by using an extra internal IDE hard-drive I had lying around and buying a $15 hard-drive enclosure to make it external through a USB2 port.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
P2P = "Peer to Peer", nobody says you have to share your entire C drive with your peers!

In fact, you can configure Limewire to limit which files to share or none at all.

Just use an old machine for these sorts of activities with nothing sensitive on it.

jrzguy2

Sep 1, 2004
exactly tambo.

i have an external 200gig hd that i keep all my "stuff" on. the c drive on my machine is only used for program files. (i do keep my shared limewire folder on the C)....and i really havent had any problems with viruses etc.

The email thing DOES kinda freak me out...from now on i will save all important ones to my f drive

and heh..if someone steal my identity they are in for a BIG disapointment!

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
AZB: What I'm seeing happening lately is that when you perform a search a bunch of results show up with the name of the file(s) you're searching for, but are only about 1040k in size. These are obviously bogus, but they are the first to show up on your list so I can see how some people could download them. I don't download as much anymore as I have pretty much ever song I like that I can think of...