Don't Rain On My Party.....

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
4 AM: Phone rings, girlfriend's house has 3 feet of water running through it.
5 AM: Girlfriend's mother opens the back door, and river takes half of the house's contents with it.
6 AM: I'm retrieving anything I can find in backyard. Clothing, shoes, furniture, (believe it or not) the washing machine, toys, etc.
By 9 AM, we're at the local laundromat with a couple of hundred pounds of laundry, which should all be done by late tomorrow afternoon.
10 AM: One of the maids quits because she's angry that I'm angry with her. (She took a scrub brush to one of the computers and sent the webcam smashing to smithereens)
Noon: Finally catching up on clean up detail, got mud out of shoes, some laundry washed and hung up to dry, and we flop down on the bed for a well deserved horizontal rest.
KABOOM ! Overhead fan falls off the ceiling and lands right on top of us in full spin.
Amazingly, we don't get chopped up into thin slices of pepperoni, and we survive the ordeal.
So now it's near dinnertime, and I'm sitting here, after a cold shower (no power for the last few hours), and wondering, if I really should go out for supper with some of the DR1ers, who are having a little Christmas get together up at Las Ca?as.
Can Friday the 13th land on the 22nd?

vince1956

On Vacation!
May 24, 2006
not a good day

rocky look,s like you not having a good day any way have a nice xmas vince

Campesina

Sep 12, 2004
Sorry to hear all the problems! Wow! That's enough chit to go through in a month, let alone all in one day! Come on up and have dinner...relax, you could use a break!

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
it's often said the storm comes before the blessing....

what doesn't kill you makes you stronger....

hang in there you're among friends !!

JRR

Dec 9, 2004
sorry to hear!

sounds like one hell of a day!

in jewish we say " when man plans, G_d laughs!

Sorry you had to b e o n the worst end of that! Jus tlook at the bright side, you can stilleat some of the ribs at Rocky's!

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Nothing, but nothing, can dampen my Christmas spirit.
We're having a pre-party bottle of Champagne and all is well in paradise.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Funny, I was headed to Rocky's to meet some people there. I was on the other side of Puerto Plata headed east and the skies opened up AGAIN....... my poor little car got stuck in hole that was disguised by rain water. I ended up soaking wet, dirty and depressed I wasn't going to get to eat Rocky's Ribs......... Rats.

At least my fan is still on the ceiling.

My fingers and toes are crossed this rain goes away!

tarrantino

Jan 12, 2006
Wow Rocky!!!!! Bummer. Tommorow is another day and it will be better than today. It's good you are not going to let anything dampen your Christmas spirit. Good luck with the clean up.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Dear Rocky:
The HB Hovel will roast 30 lbs of turkey, 40 lbs of pork and tons of other stuff.

You and your GF are welcome to share....We do not have any water running through the place...

The feast is on the 24th and i understand that Santa Clause will be making an appearance..."you better not cry, you better not hide, Santa Clause is coming to town...And he knows if you've beeen bad or good....

HB

jojo2130

May 30, 2005
Typical Day

To me ........Sounds Like a typical day here in Paradise ! Nothing out of the ordinary ......

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
To me ........Sounds Like a typical day here in Paradise ! Nothing out of the ordinary ......
Yup.
The ole' Dominican Snafu.
No matter.
I've been fed, am thouroughly intoxicated on fine Champagne, in good company, and every day is one day closer to New Years Eve, my favorite time of the year.

AlaninDR

Mr. Chunky Skin
Dec 17, 2002
We refer to those as having a 'Dominican Day'. Then the sun starts shining, somebody starts singing and all is well in paradise!

I was singing but by popular request......I stopped.
And another thing. Why doesn't the sun come out at night when we really need it? I've noticed (empiracle observation), that the sun is only out during the day when it's already light. This is a strange world.

olddog

Jul 14, 2006
Hi Marco...old dawg here...

Just got back from ANOTHER outstanding dinner at yer place. Ted's holding the fort just fine......lotsa bubbly on the bar.

Dang, those boomers last night rattled my false partials in the mug!!!! Rattle, rattle, rattle!!!

Thought we had 'em bad in Souh Florida, but those last nite were world-class thunderbumpers!

The "sisters" are off to Santo Domingo! Seven days...hope they have a good time with the family.

Cheers..

Old fart

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Hey Sparky

Your empirical point of view is well taken and
appreciated. Now what about that f....g
daylight savings time?

Marco, po' bastid. When's he gonna find him a
woman on high ground?
Ain't criticizin', 'cause he's shonuff got some ummadem
low-lying sweetpeas what be welcome in my gunny anytime.
Earl.