Buying new or used cars in the DR?? On-line?

gringosabroso

Oct 16, 2004
I seem to remember from 3 - 4 years ago, that there were 2 - 3 - 4 DR web sites that featured new & used cars for sale, by dealers & private parties. I didn't write the names of the sites down? Now, . . I'm interested in a car - yet again - a typical American male; a Toyota PJ Cruiser. Google was of no value. Can anyone provide me with a list of DR autos 'for sale' sites? Thank you.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
If you want to buy from an online site that's fine, but understand you'll be paying a hefty markup.

gringosabroso

Oct 16, 2004
"Mark Up"?? On-line?? Greater? Why?

* My understanding is that the DR on-line services are a way to locate willing sellers, dealers & non-dealers, find out asking prices, contact her, see the vechicle, test it, etc., & if I'm interested, start negotiating prices.
* Why should I pay more if I locate the successful seller thru an on-line service vs. Listin Diario? Am I missing something?
* A seperate but related question: where are cars & SUVs - new or used - cheapest in the DR? Santiago, La Vega, Moca? I've heard conflicting reports & rumors. Is it possible to generalize? Thank you.