A sad case. Drug mule story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I was very shcoked to hear very sad news from a friend regarding another friend. I will not mention any names to protect the identity of the person accused of the crime she did not commit.
I know a lady who was a bank manager of a respected bank in this country. A very well mannered, well presentable woman. She had everything going for her, a nice house, good job, late model car and 2 lovely kids. Unfortunately she was married to a total tigre who was a fake engineer and a womanizer. He cheated on her at every opportunity he could find. Finally he got a local slut pregnant and had a baby with her. He got thrown out of the house, divorced and everything taken away from him, car etc.
She then went on with her life. I was relieved to see she had learned from her mistakes and left the guy who didn't deserve her. They had nothing in common, he was a bad guy, who abused her and cheated on her and embarrassed her everywhere. He was a total jerk with little education.

Now you would imagine that she must have learned her lesson and might be in search of a guy who would be more suitable to her taste. wrong!
She finds another tigre who started to abuse her, took advantage of her, put restrictions on her, often reacted violently towards her. She kept a close relation with him and followed his order like a good servant. He kept her on tight leash. We never saw her out anywhere, not even in gym.
So months went by and I didn't see or hear about her anywhere. Finally a friend told me that she was in american jail on drug charges. What????? drugs???? I could never connect her with drug business.
So here is her crime: She used to travel to USA on regular basis, business and pleasure. On her last visit, her boyfriend told her to take a suitcase with her for his friend who will come to pick her up in NY. She takes the suitcase and boards the plane. In NY, as she picked up her suitcase, she was approached by customs officials. who asked her if this was her suitcase. To which she replied yes. Then they proceeded to open up the suitcase and found cocaine inside. I am not sure of the amount and where it was hidden. She was quickly arrested on the spot on drug trafficking (mula) charges. She cried and tried to explain that the suitcase was given to her by her boyfriend to be delivered to another friend of his. They called the number of the guy who was supposed to pick her up, he didn't answer and turns out the number was fake. They tried to contact her boyfriend in DR and he simply disappears from the face of the earth. Turns out his names was fake and no one knows his real name. Now she is in jail for the past few months in USA and waiting trial. she has 2 kids in DR, a nice house, good job etc. I think she will do some serious time in American jail.
I know her well and I know this girl has no need to transport any drugs anywhere. She was dating a bad guy who looked like a criminal.

So the moral of the story is: Do not take items from anyone to anyone on planes to any country. There might be drugs hidden somewhere and you could be held responsible.

Now I want to know this: why do educated, well mannered women date criminal type guys? they date one bad guy after another.

If she had been dating miguel type guys, at least she would not be in jail right now.
AZB

tk toronto

Sep 7, 2006
Wow, that really is terrible for your friend, but I am surprised that she would not know that about travelling (delivering "goods" for others). (Not in any way to demean her)

Good girls always go for bad guys. I have never met a good girl that hasn't at least dated a bad guy.
If a woman has been abused before (not saying she has) that could be one of the reasons that a woman stays with someone that abuses them. There's low self esteem (no matter how successful you are) Some of the most successful attractive women have low self esteem (not saying she does).
Abusive relationships are manipulative. So, one could manipulate another in staying in a very unhealthy relationship. For instance, try telling an abused woman that her relationship is unhealthy, and sometimes with a black eye that can't even open, she might tell you that he loves her and they are just going through "minor problems".

It is not as simple as someone "good" choosing someone "bad"

May 12, 2005
Wow AZB, what a terrible story. It just goes to show you can never be too careful in who you associate with. Also never ever take suitcases or items for someone's "friend" you've never met.

C

Chip00

Tigueres

Unfortunately, women the world over always seem to find an innate attraction to the "tigre" types. Oh, well that just explains why it took so long for an ugly sob like me to get married, lol. On the other hand, being so apparently damn ugly didn't prevent me from ogleing the "better" better half - go figure.

fender

*** Sin Bin ***
Dec 9, 2006
y

If she had been dating miguel type guys, at least she would not be in jail right now.
AZB

not to mention all the shoe shopping and make-up advice they could share!
don't think she'd be 'satisfied' tho somehow.

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
Bad Boys are SEXY to some women! How many women marry men in prison?? Go figure. It's a shame! New York has the harshest drug laws in the entire country.

What a sad story. One of many unfortunately.

My heart goes out to her and her kids.

LOPTKA

Feb 12, 2002
I really find it hard to believe that she had no idea what she was doing. I don't have sympathy for people.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Hey, she is not a drug smuggler. I know that woman, she has nothing to do with drugs. There is not a need for her to even go near the drugs. She was living a good life and had a very good life. She is just not the type. I think the amount of drugs were not a huge quantity and it may have been hidden in something, thats why it was not visible to her or the security at sti airport. Dogs must have sniffed them out at JFK airport. Now I do know this girl personally for many years. So please don't be stupid and call her a drug smuggler, although, I think some people are pure idiots. They hear drugs and then all of the sudden "drug smuggler" comes into their tiny mind. Please don't jump on the band wagon and change your way of thinking just because someone calls her a drug smuggler. I have delivered items for other people in the past. People I trusted here in DR. Thanks god I never had any problems but I can see how easily I could have fallen into a trap. I have learned my lesson.
AZB

Don Juan

Living Brain Donor
Dec 5, 2003
Let's hope, for her kid's sake that she only get a few month's jail time and get deported back to DR. Someone needs to have a serious talk with that woman about her choice in men.
Trusting people can be a very dangerous and detrimental to your health and future. But this can happen to the best of us. I feel for her.

Beads

Bronze
May 21, 2006
Nowadays no matter who gives you something to deliver you should inspect it to the fullest before moving it. That is the true problem your friend had. She trusted this guy too much and didnt search the bag. According to US law ignorance is no excuse and im sorry to say it but she will be charged with her crime as such. The american court system and judge will have no mercy on her for not knowing what was in the bag. The US court system is also very messed up for drug related offenses. You can have someone in a cell next to you for murder who got 8-10 years while a drug related offense of only transporting or possesions of whats considered a large amount could have a sentence of 20-30 years.

I feel bad for your friend AZB as I think she is in for a long sentence in the US if she had even 1 KG in her bag. After serving her time she will probably be deported and her Visa will never be reinstated.

Tragic story.

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
Your friend falls into the category of what I call "the mysteries of the heart". Why someone is attracted to someone. No guarantee in the outcome.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I am sorry for the woman, but she is certainly flawed....no lessons learned...

And she will be doing hard time, then deported and never again will she work in a bank or anything else.. All for the "love" of this axxhole....sheesh...

HB

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
She Got What She Deserved!!!

She,like 100% of all people caught carrying drugs,..."Didn't know that they were there!".... How original!!
Good thing "AZB" isn't a "Narc"! She would be back in Santiago with her "Papi Chulo" if he was!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Hope she gets 50 years!!

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
let's hope that deportation is the outcome. a lot of mitigating factors will go into the decision to deport her. i've been to Rikers Island (not for an extended stay) and it's not pretty.

Sep 19, 2005
.... He cheated on her at every opportunity he could find. Finally he got a local slut pregnant and had a baby with her. He got thrown out of the house, divorced and everything taken away from him, car etc.
She then went on with her life. I was relieved to see she had learned from her mistakes and left the guy who didn't deserve her. They had nothing in common, he was a bad guy, who abused her and cheated on her and embarrassed her everywhere. ....

AZB

hey another understudy of yours...AZB???? ha ha ha...i wanted to post that before MAR did.

if she was his woman she had to know he was into drugs...maybe she didnt know he stuffed some into her luggage....but she should have been smart enough to think he might try....seeing as she was going to NY...

I have no doubt she didnt know....soooo this woman you know so well..is just like a canadian-american-english woman on vacation....right...all caught up with a man with no obvious quality traits.....and she does stupid stuff......exactly the kind of woman you post about that were on vacation and lost their mind.............in the sankie forum.......normal women being abnormal.......maybe now you have a little better insight to why women fall for sankies.......

she didnt work at the bank in the plaza on ave feb 27 near Candy Beauty Supply...did she!.... there was such a knock out working there!!!!!!!

bob

zak023

Done and dusted!
Feb 8, 2006
She is going to do at least 3 years..The way the American Justice system sees it and the way the Proscutor will present it is that she has just been caught for the first time..As far as they are concerned she could have been doing this for a long time..They do not know this woman and just because she has a clean record if in fact she even does. Will do nothing for her in New York State..Unless she is loaded with cash and can afford the BEST attorney....They will teach her a lesson at the taxpayers expense...Sad but True..

Last edited:

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
If she get three years she is very lucky. This is probably a Federal Case as it was at the airport. Ten years minimum. Sad, but true.

Status
Not open for further replies.