Cabarete Villa Recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rstonk

Dec 20, 2006
hey guys,

i'm looking to visit cabarete for a week in march with a few of my friends. we're on college spring break, but we want to get away from the usual packed, cliche destinations and activities. still, we're definitely looking for adventure, action and fun. (cabarete seems ideal)

i just wanted to ask your recommendations for a villa (if you agree that it's a good idea to get one). cost: low-mid range; housing ~8; close to the fun and activities (not too secluded); safe, easy walk from clubs/bars.

if you can't specifically recommend a villa, which region should we look for one? i see bahia de arena, nanny's estates, olas de oro, etc.

thanks for your help!

p.s. i have been consulting these sites for info:
Home Key Management, Villas for Rent; Cabarete, Dominican Republic
Dominican Republic Vacation Rentals - VRBO® is Vacation Rentals by Owner Dominican Republic - Dominican Republic Hotels, Dominican Republic Lodging, Dominican Republic Travel and Tourism
Cabarete Vacation Rentals, Cabarete Rentals, Condos, cabins, villas, cottages and vacation homes, , North Coast

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Nothing wrong with a villa, especially split among 8 people. Keep in mind it could possibly put you a little distance from the center of town - which brings up the issue of transportation.
You can also google Nanny Estates & Olas de Oro. They each have villas just on the edge of town.

For a hotel, check out Extreme hotel. I'd recommend it for Spring Break. It's a little outside of town to the west, but a young/casual/party kind of atmosphere & right where the windsurfers are. It's on the beach, restaurant/bar, billiards, a skate ramp, etc, etc. Easy to catch transportation to/from there to the bars at night.

Ismenie

Sep 14, 2006
Olas de Oro villa is very good. The manager (Barbara) is wonderful and you will be right on the beach and walking distance from the bars/clubs.

rstonk

Dec 20, 2006
I'm looking into Olas de Oro right now... thanks for the recommendation! Does anybody else have advice?

rstonk

Dec 20, 2006
Ken, Thanks for the recommendation! That service would make our lives a lot easier, especially since we're looking to spend as much time enjoying our vacation as possible.

Another question (for everyone). I've been trying to contact Olas de Oro Villas (info@olasdeorovillas.com, the e-mail from their website) and, maybe I'm expecting too much, but they haven't responded in 3 days after 2 emails. Is this unusual? I'm hoping they respond soon, b/c I would like to ask about availability! Do you recommend that I call instead? Will someone there speak English (or at least put up with my mediocre Spanish)?

kingofbanff

Jan 4, 2007
Hey! I recomend Velero Beach Resort. They have 3 bedroom penthouse condos that are right on the beach in Cabarete. They have full kitchen facilities and 3 bathrooms.

You absolutely do not want to be on kite beach (Extreme Hotel or others). It is a beautiful walk of 25 minutes during the day to the main beach of Cabarete where all the action is. After the bar, it is a 25 minute walk (stumble) down a dark beach. You will hate being so far from the action.

Nanny is a little closer in than kite beach but still a 15-20 minute walk.

check out velerobeachdotcom I think they have prices and stuff listed there.

Have fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.