hows the weather?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deb2k4

Dec 25, 2006
Hi everyone, am travelling to sousua on new years day from uk, Can anyone enlighten me on true temps?

vince1956

On Vacation!
May 24, 2006
Look at dominican today

Hi everyone, am travelling to sousua on new years day from uk, Can anyone enlighten me on true temps?

The Weather
Max. 29 C
Min. 21 C

Sunny, possible isolated showers todays weather

deb2k4

Dec 25, 2006
hi, can anyone tell me what is the best currency to use, i am from uk but can easily obtain us dollars

eralc777

Aug 6, 2005
Deb2k4,
I am jealous that you are going to Sosua on new years day while I am trying desperately to find a way of getting there for new year!!!!
The weather is generally hot and sunny, but there is more chance of rain at this time of the year. In fact, it is raining in Sosua as I speak. Don't worry, I was there last week and a little rain never stopped me doing anything. Make sure you pack a little umbrella in case!

I changed my money to dollars. You get 32 pesos to the dollar. However, if you take english pounds, you get about 54 pesos for one pound. You can change either in Sosua, and there is a cash machine to get money from if you run out!! Don't take pesos before you go, keep dollars or pounds and change them to pesos as you go along. Remember to keep $20 for coming back at the airport for taxes.

deb2k4

Dec 25, 2006
ty very much for ur advice, hope u get there for new year, regards happy new year to u

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Track the Puerto Plata weather report. It will generally be the same for Sosua or close anyway.

Today was hot (86F) and sunny most of the day. But right now it is raining. Yeah. We need a little rain and I don't mind it so much at night. The nights are cooling off somewhat this time of year. So you might want a light sweater or sweatshirt.

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
Right now in Sosua, Sat. 10am it is raining cats and dogs and sunny at the same time !?

You could get 60-61 pesos for a pound in the last few weeks here (not banks in streets and cambios), but the best way is to use a Debit Card that doesn't charge you for cash withrawals abroad. I got 64.5 pesos for a pound a few days ago from ATM, without any charges....

Buenvenidos !

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Uzin - be carefull, the bank charges will appear on your account back home not here.

If you have access check the charges on line.

In Puerto Plata we don't have the rain - yet... I think it will probably arrive a bit later. I know the phenomenon you speak of - pouring rain and sun. Don't you love paradise???

sosua1

Sep 24, 2006
I'll be arriving tommorrow in Puerto Plata at 12:50 from Canada and right now it's snowing here and I c'ant wait to be there...Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.