Dna Test On Race Identity

Status
Not open for further replies.

samana3

May 31, 2006

I came back from a DNA test called 'Genographic DNA' , This DNA test determines what all the racial mixtures that a each member of the homosapien (humans) race have. This experiment was discovered accidentally, when forensic scientists were trying to find out the race of several seiral killers.

Well to make the story short I went for that test and it revealed that im 50% caucasoid (The term Caucasoid race is used to refer to people whos ancestry can be traced back to Europe, parts of North Africa, the Middle East, South Asia, Russia, and in certain areas of Central Asia)
20%Mongoloid (The term Mongoloid is used to refer to the indigenous people of north Asia, East Asia and some parts of central Asia) 20% Negroid ( The term Negroid is used to refer to the first homosapiens (humans) that were recorded, and whos skin tone is usually really dark) and 10% unknown native American ancestry which I believe it might have been Taino Natives ancestry but that will be hard to find out since the Taino's were decendants of the Arawak Natives and the Arawak Natives had their origins in South America and the chain goes on and on.

I though this was very interesting information to share . . . . .

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006

I came back from a DNA test called 'Genographic DNA' , This DNA test determines what all the racial mixtures that a each member of the homosapien (humans) race have. This experiment was discovered accidentally, when forensic scientists were trying to find out the race of several seiral killers.

Well to make the story short I went for that test and it revealed that im 50% caucasoid (The term Caucasoid race is used to refer to people whos ancestry can be traced back to Europe, parts of North Africa, the Middle East, South Asia, Russia, and in certain areas of Central Asia)
20%Mongoloid (The term Mongoloid is used to refer to the indigenous people of north Asia, East Asia and some parts of central Asia) 20% Negroid ( The term Negroid is used to refer to the first homosapiens (humans) that were recorded, and whos skin tone is usually really dark) and 10% unknown native American ancestry which I believe it might have been Taino Natives ancestry but that will be hard to find out since the Taino's were decendants of the Arawak Natives and the Arawak Natives had their origins in South America and the chain goes on and on.

interesting yes, so what do you look like physically?

fightingirish

Dec 8, 2005
This sounds like really suspicious science.... Do you trust the organization that did these tests? Im no geneticist, but I wonder what exact genetic material they have isolated as belonging solely to these particular "groups".

On the whole, most scientists view racial categories as having social meaning but very little scientific underpinning. There is as much genetic variation between members of the same "race group" as there is between members of different "races". In other words, two black guys are no more likely to have similar genetic material than a black and a white guy, even taking into account material that deals with skin tone and hair texture, etc.

Not to cast doubt on your results, and if they help you out in life, self-knowledge, etc... great.

But scientifically, it sounds dubious.

(p.s. There.... Ive posted on religion and now race. If I make it to the Sankie threads, do I win something?)

samana3

May 31, 2006
interesting yes, so what do you look like physically?
I have natural blonde hair with light bown eyes and my skin tone I will describe as being "dark white" or very light caramel complex. The real fact is that mostly all humans are of mixed races, in other words mostly nobody is pure white, pure black etc etc etc

I though that all my ancestors were from the caucasoid race, I got a real big surprise when I found out that I was just one big "melting pot".

samana3

May 31, 2006
where did you have this test done, how do i go about doing the same?

In my city there is alab called "Forensic Lab of Genographic DNA", I believe you should ask your local clinic about this test and which is the nearest place near you, that test is available for everybody.I was charged 100$ for this test but I am aware that in some parts of the country this test is Free.

Guatiao

El Leon de los Cacicazgos
Mar 27, 2004
Take a look at this test:

https://www5.nationalgeographic.com/genographic/.

I don't know if this is the same test samana3 had done on himself but it's good to take a look at, if you're interested on Genographic DNA and family bloodline tracing. This particular test is sponsered by the National Geographic and IBM.

Peace,
Heketi

G

gary short

Those DNA testing results are depressing.....apparently I'm related to pond scum and overly sexed bullfrogs......

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Why Not Save $100 And Just Look in A Mirror??

You got "Cabello Molo",and a "Nariz Ancho" you are a "Dominicano de Pura Sepa"!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

asopao

Aug 6, 2005

Dude, how the hell you are going to say that you thought that you were just " white"? when it showed 20% negroid? 20% is ALOT and if it doesn't show on you, then it would show on your grandmother or somebody in your ancestry. Specially if they are from some campo. :ermm:

Dude, if your family has been in DR for more than 200 years, you know that you have " el negro detras de las orejas" like the poem of Juan Antonio Alix.

also, where the hell the " Mongoloid part " comes from? You know that Native Americans ( eg: Tainos,Ciguayos,Macories,etc) are " Mongoloid"? So why you even put " Mongoloid and Native American " separate"?? Do you have ancestors from Asia? :ermm:

Sorry dude, but I think you got scammed. There are fakes DNA companies out there, and I think this one got you.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
does the DR have a census ? if so will you check another box ? the reason i ask is that in Puerto Rico most people check "white" on their census. as most of you know PR's can be very light to very dark just like dominicans. but because of their "spanish" genes most choose to check white on the US census form.

since "color" is taboo on this site i will stop here with the discussion.

very interesting...

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Dude, how the hell you are going to say that you thought that you were just " white"? when it showed 20% negroid? 20% is ALOT and if it doesn't show on you, then it would show on your grandmother or somebody in your ancestry. Specially if they are from some campo. :ermm:

Dude, if your family has been in DR for more than 200 years, you know that you have " el negro detras de las orejas" like the poem of Juan Antonio Alix.

also, where the hell the " Mongoloid part " comes from? You know that Native Americans ( eg: Tainos,Ciguayos,Macories,etc) are " Mongoloid"? So why you even put " Mongoloid and Native American " separate"?? Do you have ancestors from Asia? :ermm:

Sorry dude, but I think you got scammed. There are fakes DNA companies out there, and I think this one got you.

Actually with people of asian descent living in the DR for a couple of hundred years he could very well have that percentage of Mongoloid blood, or he could have latin American Indio, as there are and have been many people from other Latin American countries living in the DR for centuries. There are also genetic markers that differentiate between Asia mongoloid and NA Mongoloid. Going by your theory there aren't any black Dominicans either because they have some " white blood ", but to look at them, can you tell? My sons are 50% Italian, but look at their picture in the gallery and tell me if you can tell their genetic makeup my looking at them.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
On the whole, most scientists view racial categories as having social meaning but very little scientific underpinning. There is as much genetic variation between members of the same "race group" as there is between members of different "races". In other words, two black guys are no more likely to have similar genetic material than a black and a white guy, even taking into account material that deals with skin tone and hair texture, etc.

dude, have you never seen CSI? they test the blood/sperm/hair/whateva and they come up with the race of the victim/killer.
so, black and white and asian are DIFFERENT from each other.
catch up with horatio and leave coplestone on a dusty shelf.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
does the DR have a census ? if so will you check another box ? the reason i ask is that in Puerto Rico most people check "white" on their census. as most of you know PR's can be very light to very dark just like dominicans. but because of their "spanish" genes most choose to check white on the US census form.

since "color" is taboo on this site i will stop here with the discussion.

very interesting...

Puerto Ricans and many other latin americans check off "Hispanic White" instead of "Hispanic Black". Hispanic White is different from White, I believe that criteria is used to enforce the one-drop rule and to prevent Hispanics from trying to "pass" as white americans, which they won't have. So job applications, census, etc.. will set a criteria to differentiate between the two.

I wonder what Argentinians check off?

Last edited:

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Nooooo

Puerto Ricans and many other latin americans check off "Hispanic White" instead of "Hispanic Black". Hispanic White is different from White, I believe that criteria is used to enforce the one-drop rule and to prevent Hispanics from trying to "pass" as white americans, which they won't have. So job applications, census, etc.. will set a criteria to differentiate between the two.

in the US census there is a category for Hispanic in general and then I think you get to choose the race white, black, asian, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.