Puerto Plata Jeep Safari prices?

Status
Not open for further replies.

harlee31

Nov 4, 2006
Hello, my boyfriend & I are planning on going to Puerto Plata Jan. 02 to Jan 09, 2007. We will be staying at the Bahia Principe San Juan. We were interested in going on the Jeep Safari Tour as we have heard good reviews about it. I was wondering if anyone can please tell me if there are any additional charges once your on the tour when you make stops? We are on a budget, so we'd just like to know ahead of time if there any other surprise charges for the tours. We have friends who've gone on tours in other countries & they did have extra costs. We would also like to know in regards to going horseback riding. Can you also let us know the prices for these tours? Thank you in advance.

harlee31

Nov 4, 2006
Also, is $500.00 US enough, not planning on going off resort alot except for Jeep Safari & maybe horseback riding. Or do we need to bring more money or use credit cards?

Sosuany

Nov 11, 2006
I went to alf tours and Mel Tours. There were no hidden fees. If they stated that lunch was included then it was included. You might want to tip the bus driver and the tour guide a few dollars. Also, there are a lot of ATMs around, where you can get pesos. USD is accepted by both companies.

Don't use credit cards in DR, they charge more for it.

sosua1

Sep 24, 2006
Last time I checked the outback jeep safari was 74.00 us per....You will enjoy it....Have a great time....I will be doing the same but at the Hacienda's in Puerto Plata.....yippie

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
check with your tour provider what is included in a price, almost always you get inclusive lunch and most of the time horseback ride. horses are pretty tame and sleepy, so not not expect john wayne experience...
prices range from 60 to 80 dollars per person.
you are expected to tip but a dollar or two is enough.

harlee31

Nov 4, 2006
Thank you

Thank you for all your replies, it's greatly appreciated. I know we'll have a good time.

Status
Not open for further replies.