No drinking and driving

chadverizon

Apr 2, 2005
Great idea!
Anyone know what the blood alcohol level is that is considered illegal?

Is there one or does Joe AMET decide?

Is anyone nervous that they are giving the AMET officers, breathalizers to read and decide a persons fate (ie. jail) when most can't read a Dominican drivers licence?(I speak from mucho experience.)

Again, great idea if enforced and not just used as another opportunity to harrass the gringos.

PabloPaul

Dec 21, 2006
www.myspace.com
Personally, I think that when the road signs are sponsored by a distillery.....there should be little enforcement of a drunk driving policy. How about maybe enforcing emmissions first?
I must say that part of the attraction of this country (and others) for me is the fact that political correctness, insurance and all the over indulgent safety measures we see in the 'developed countries' do not exist here. I like the raw nature of the place.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Article I read yesterday (El Caribe, I think) said 1000 breathalyzers on order... and that the newspaper's calls to several different government offices could not get an answer to the blood alcohol level.

chadverizon

Apr 2, 2005
this is scary

Article I read yesterday (El Caribe, I think) said 1000 breathalyzers on order... and that the newspaper's calls to several different government offices could not get an answer to the blood alcohol level.

I have a bad feeling they can't pull this off. Trouble for us!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
One thing is for sure, the graft amount for the breathalyzers was decided long before the blood alcohol level amount.

This is going to be very interesting....

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Robert Has It Right!

The "Contract" is the important thing here,not the "New Law"!
The "DR Government" just increased the taxes on "Booze". They WANT people to drink more,not less!
Kind of reminds me of the "Parking Meters"! Lots of money in Parking Meters!
cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc