Santo Domingo bound

msbanker

Dec 28, 2006
My husband and I are considering moving to Santo Domingo and it is our plan at this time to have him go on ahead and look for work and a place to stay before I leave Canada. Where he works now it is seasonal and we are hoping for something year round by moving to the big city. Does this make sense?

borruga

Aug 26, 2004
Does this make sense?

NOOOO it doesn't ha ha

I just got back this morning from yet again a too short and wonderful month in the DR, and am doing my usual falling-into-immediate-depression-upon-return-prevention-DR1-reading, as I come across your posts. Still deeply on DR groove, I really shouldn't feel like bashing on anyone, but you and your statements on the various threads are just too much. (Which must be the reason no one has responded to you. Me, I just have to get this HA HA off my chest)

Your upcoming move to SD and to hubby are so going to be a disaster. Remember my words

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Do you have money ($15,000-$18,000 US$) to last six months without a job?

You have not said what talents your husband possesses that would make him hirable in the DR....and this is not a labor market that is very flexible.

Please consider this move with extreme caution.

HB

C

Chip00

My husband and I are considering moving to Santo Domingo and it is our plan at this time to have him go on ahead and look for work and a place to stay before I leave Canada. Where he works now it is seasonal and we are hoping for something year round by moving to the big city. Does this make sense?

As a gringo living in Santiago I would recommend finding work before making final plans to move here. On the other hand if you all can move here and maintain a business back in Cananda that might be doable as I am doing something similar. The job market here is tighter than Walmart's clientele - please believe me as it is true.