New Wi-Fi and VOIP Resort System - Fun Royale.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Fun Royale in the Playa Dorada complex in Puerto Plata has just become the first and so far the only full resort Wi-Fi and VOIP location in the DR. The system is a Canadian system and there is a local representative who will oversee and co-ordinate installations. A successful installation here will ensure that many more will follow.

With this system you will be able to access the internet from anywhere in the resort with your wireless capable laptop by obtaining the system password for a fee from the resort. In addition you will be able to rent wireless VOIP portable telephones and will be able to call anywhere in the world based on a sliding scale of per minute charges. I believe the base charge is around $50US and this will enable the user to call Canada for about 3.5 hours during their one or two week vacation. If additional time is required the phone may be topped up on the internet by credit card. The per minute costs are very reasonable to Canada, the USA and Europe but amazingly it is very expensive to call the DR this way and this should be avoided (although it will work). All prices are rough estimates only and should not be counted on to be accurate. The installation is just too new.

If you have questions I will try to get answers.

Gregg

prplemich

Dec 20, 2004
Hey Gregg,

Its funny that you mention this because my sister was just there(came home a week ago) & was sending out emails & myspace comments sitting in the Pizzeria. She sais she didn't have to pay a fee though...do you know when that will start & how much it will be? I'd like to know if its worth it to take my laptop when I go in March.

Thanks,
Michelle

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
The installation is not quite complete. As such the decision was made to make the internet connection free to anyone with a laptop.

The final implementation will happen later in January and I will certainly update everyone. Prices have not been set yet.

Yes, I am involved in this project and can answer any other questions. We want to thank Mr. Mario Mattana for working with us on this first installation. He is a trend setter and loves to stay ahead of the competition!

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Installation is now essentially complete. They now have wireless connectivity in over 85 % of the resort.

They are also the FIRST resort in the country to have the new VOIP Cell phones for rent. They cost $50 US per week and come with up to 3 1/2 hours of long distance talk time to most of North America. To England for example, they have about 2 hours and 20 minutes. You can make calls to anywhere in the world, right from the comfort of your pool lounge! And you can receive calls from home as well - directly to your phone! If anyone wants more info just PM or email me and I'll get the answer for you.

Gregg