Frank Reyes - Dec. 30th

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
Can you just buy tickets at the door, and if so how much is it... ?

What time does it start/finish ?

I might try to go if I know the above....

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
We are debating going to this one. WE have 3 choices this year........

Cost is 400 RD and start time is anyone's guess.LOL Noting that you should get there by about 9:30 if you want a good table. Performance maybe by 11 or so....

Yes you can get tickets at the door. Once we tried to buy tickets in advance and they kept telling us to come back. WE finallly came back and were successful at 9 pm........

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
First of all, I like Frank Reyes music best of all the local Bachateros. BUT after being to a few dozen shows:

For any of the local bands to start before 11 PM, it would almost take a miracle. I imagine in this case they will start before midnight so they can at least count down the new year. I will take bets that they will start about 11:50. Once the band does finally start after what seems to be days of waiting ( so everyone can drink a LOT) .. , they play for between 45 and 55 minutes and are done. I played in musical groups for many years when I lived in the US. Nobody could make a living doing it like they do here with respect to the start time and duration of the music. I considerate it abuse of the fans, but they all seem to go along with the scam.

We went to a free show with Krispy last night at a new spot on the east end of Cabarete. They at least kept things going with a cover band, then a thankfully brief Reggaeton band before Krispy tried to play and got washed out by the rain after only a few tunes. They had posters with the party starting at 4 PM... Right, Krispy finally tried to play around midnight as the rains came.

I do hope that Frank's show turns out to be different for all those that go.
Isn't this on the 30th?

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Hey windeguy... I was at the new beach club early... thought there might actually be something going on around 4 (not Krisspy, but *something*) and I figured Id get some rays in the meantime....well, by 5 oclock they were barely halfway through setting up and there were maybe 5 people there for the "show"....I left, went home for a bit, had some dinner, then returned around 930...stayed till about 11 then left before getting to see Krisspy...since it had rained on and off several times, I figured he would get rained out...and the guitsr player in that cover band was awful, so I split...

As for Frank Reyes...If anyone wants to meet up in Sosua, maybe "carpool", let me know..I'll be coming from Cabarete...

snowbird44

Oct 29, 2004
I saw Antony Santos at the Azucar in Montellano on December 2nd and it was RD$ 600 to get in. A little steep I think. The stage is tiny and set off to the side and there is not much room for people who would like to see the band playing. We left Cabarete at 10pm and the concert started within 10 minutes after we got there, so about 11pm. Antony played until almost 2:30 with a break. They curfew hour was 2am. Since the times are relaxed at the moment, I wouldn't be surprised, if the concert times are back to the usual previous times.
However, if you want to see anything I suggest you get there early to plant yourself in front of the stage. The rain shouldn't dampen the party. It's under a big roof. Not a bad place actually, but the stage situations is not good.
I would love to go and see Frank Reyes, but I hope he will play some place else in the near future.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
windeguy

If you're a musician and have any interest in playing casually, no pay, with some other folks around Sosua (not sure where you are) plz lemme know, we're always looking for people to play....any style.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I would love to Jam, any chance of locating a drum set, I would even pay to rent one for a few hours!

tamborista

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Tambo

One of the bar owners where we play has a set, he's a drummer, but all are welcome.....it's a jam after all and a good time, depending on who shows up.
In Sosua, Tuesday nights, 8:30-9 pm until.....could use a bass, lead player, a good singer, whatever. Play what you want.

snowbird44

Oct 29, 2004
Maybe you guys should start a new threat about getting together to jam.
Nothing to do with info for the the OP