Coral Marien any changes ?

holacanada

Sep 8, 2004
... since the Hilton Group sell to a Spanish enterprise.

1- Are the time share selling guys are allowed to run their business in the place..?

2 - Is the beach front with the new sand ?renos? is better looking..?

3 - Do some repeaters at this complex note some differences (food, service, amenities, constructions..?) between the before and the after..?

Thanks in advance for the infos

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com

1- Are the time share selling guys are allowed to run their business in the place..?

3 - Do some repeaters at this complex note some differences (food, service, amenities, constructions..?) between the before and the after..?

There was no sale as Hilton never had an ownership position. There was a three year marketing alliance which was dissolved by mutual agreement.

1 - There were timeshare, sic. Vacation Club, sales before and during the alliance so I am sure they still occur.

2 - The beach is better.

3 - Not having stayed there since the changes, but only walked by, I am not sure.

Gregg

baileyboy

Jun 27, 2004
Hear say info....from my neighbour

My neighbour just arrived back from the Coral, yesterday. She spent a week there, and had nothing but great things to say.

Myself, having stayed there for the past 5 years a minimum of 3 times a year...there have been SOME changes, some good, some bad.....

1. The maitenance for cleaning up isn't the best. I guess there was an brown floating object int he pool, that was there for 2 days.

2. There are alot of Sand fleas, possible due to the reconstruction of the beach, my neighbour was bitten on almost every inch of her leg. (The times I went, I was never ever bitten ever)

3.The food is still outstanding, very excellent, although she did not like the Crepe restaurant. Enjoyed the Italian restaurant over the pool.

4. She was the ONLY Canadian on the plane down from TO, that was staying at the Hilton. For those of you that have stayed there on occasion, it was almost always 97% full of Canadians. Now, my neighbour observed, it was mostly Germans, and Europeans.

5. Not alot of people go up to the disco anymore. Ususally after the shows at night, people head back to their rooms

6.Not alot of beach activities, mostly found around the pool.

Some of these might interest you, others, if you opt to go off the resort won't make a difference.

When I go back in Sept, with my husband, we might get a day pass, and see what it is like..and visit some old friends...provided they are still working there once the official deal is done, and the dust settles.

Just my 2 pesos worth.

holacanada

Sep 8, 2004
Oh Henry! bars (!) floating in the pool

....Brown thing floating..... WOW Bailyboy ! :paranoid: Are U OK now for that thing ?? :surprised

Anyway your review is a lot of good news for me and I thank you for your input.

I'll reserve for the end of january and I am allways happy to have some report from the ?new owned? Coral Marien. For the 3 last years repeater those who have comments on the new or the difference for that complex hotel don't hesitate to answer at my questions..:

1 - How about the new staff ?
2 - Is there memorable leaving from the Chocolate friends animation
team ?

3 - Is the new beach is better looking, if you have pictures from this specific area of costa dorada (new beach reconstruction).
5 - What is the name of the new owner (internet site) ?

4 - Does anyone give me some tips to catch a baseball ticket for the
series ?

Feliz ano nuevo todos

Holacanada from Quebec city

baileyboy

Jun 27, 2004
HolaCanada-

Many of the Chocolate Friends are gone...the only few remaining are Ricky (Coreographer) and Gracie (who is off now on mat leave; as she just gave birth to Ricky's and her baby boy)

Francis, the head of animation, is still there, although I believe he is in NY for the holidays.

Miguel is still there (the DJ).

Other then that, the rest have either been fired, or quit. Not to many of them are left. Although the entertainment staff has a very high turn over rate.

Delores from the Buffet restaurant is still there, as is the other Delores from the Theatre bar, who is a sweet heart, who always wears a flower behind her ear.

If you check out my Blog (Heart and Soul Belong in the DR--Archives in September) you will see pictures of the beach after the renovations.....as well as down on the Malecon in front of Cosita Rica's.

The new company who bought out the Coral is...named Globalia (check out the Archived DR1 for Fri Dec 1) It has the highlights of the deal. It is a Spanish company who owns an airline and tour operator as well, now they bought ALL the Corals excpet Coral Conoa. They ahve some hotels in Mexico, and I think in Punta Cana as well.

As for the baseball tickets...can't help ya....my husband is now in Cda, and he can't think of where to get one down there...I asked though!

Take care, enjoy your vacation!
Lisa

STEVE G.

Bronze
Apr 2, 2006
community.webshots.com

1 - Timeshare in Coral Marien ...Why is it important to you ? So I can give you a detailed answer ..., 2 - The beach is much better , wider , better sand ..., 3 - Globalia just took it over on the paper , no changes yet untill some time during 2007 ... Globalia Hotels Corp will be buisy enough in Mexico this winter , there are a lot of Oasis Resorts to start operate , all the corp guys are over there right now ...