Lava Rock for Gas fired BBQ - North Coast

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I am looking for lava rock for a gas fired BBQ we just built rather than paying the astronomical prices they get for just a basic gas grill here. Does anyone know of a supplier for this on the North coast (Cabarete/Sosua/Puerto Plata area)?

We have been told that it is referred to as "carbon piedra", but when someone says they have carbon piedra, they actually have charcoal briquettes and that is not what I need.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
My curiosity got the better of me, so I looked it up in google. There are plenty for sale, such as at lava rock supplier. By the way, you can buy a debit card, associated with Visa, for any amount, at Banco Leon, which not only can be used to make purchases from any Visa affiliated establishment around the world, but can also be used to make internet purchases, giving the advantage of reducing possible loss to just the amount on the card. You can buy all the debit cards you want (at a fee of DR$50), which also has the facility that you can replinish the card through any of their banking outlets. I bought some as gift items (the bank prints the name of your choice on them)...

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Thanks

Thanks for the responses. Looks like a trip to 8A is the way to go for me.