Schools on North Coast

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmaxx

Dec 28, 2006
We have 2 children ages 11 and 14 years. Can anyone give us information on any schools that teach in English? We know about The International School but it is very expensive. Garden Kids is reasonable but does not have grades high enough for our 14 year old. Thanks for any info.

eralc777

Aug 6, 2005
There is another private school on the way into Cabarete (on the right hand side) I think it is called the Learning Centre or something like that. I know 3 people who send their children there (4 kids in total) They say its a great school. I have drove past it, but have never been in. I cant find any info on it either, but I know it exists. Garden Kids school is a great school from what I have seen and read so far...I will be working there from August.

Maybe someone here has some contact info on the Learning Centre.

Frankie

Nov 28, 2006
My son goes to the International School. It is expensive,but as others have said ,this is for a reason, the teaching is excellent and the school has a happy atmosphere. My son is doing much better as the International School then he did at his school in England. I have however also heard good things about the Learning Centre, I think it is a lot cheaper than the International School, it is just on the outskirts of Cabarete.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
There is another school that teaches in English. It is located next to Coastal gas station just outside of Sosua. Dr. Bob's Home School. It is about half the price of Int.School. A lot of German's go there. Some of them transferred from Int. School. Dr. Bob is a Vet that runs the school.

But if you can afford it I would recommend the Int. School. By the way, Int. School give Scholarships, both full and part. If you kid has very good grades you can talk to them about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.