Coral Marien Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

holacanada

Sep 8, 2004
I'll reserve for the end of january and I am allways happy to have some report from the ?new owned? Coral Marien. For the 3 last years repeater those who have comments on the new or the difference for that complex hotel don't hesitate to answer at my questions..:

1 - How about the new staff ?
2 - Is there memorable leaving/arriving from the Chocolate friends animation team ?

3 - Is the new beach is better looking more wide or something, if you have pictures from this specific area of Costa Dorada (new beach reconstruction).
5 - What is the name of the new owner hotel chain (is there any internet site) ?

4 - Does anyone give me some tips to catch a baseball ticket for the
series ? Including tranport how much from the Coral Marien any offer ?

Feliz ano nuevo todos

Holacanada from Quebec city

baileyboy

Jun 27, 2004
HolaCanada-

Many of the Chocolate Friends are gone...the only few remaining are Ricky (Coreographer) and Gracie (who is off now on mat leave; as she just gave birth to Ricky's and her baby boy)

Francis, the head of animation, is still there, although I believe he is in NY for the holidays.

Miguel is still there (the DJ).

Other then that, the rest have either been fired, or quit. Not to many of them are left. Although the entertainment staff has a very high turn over rate.

Delores from the Buffet restaurant is still there, as is the other Delores from the Theatre bar, who is a sweet heart, who always wears a flower behind her ear.

If you check out my Blog (Heart and Soul Belong in the DR--Archives in September) you will see pictures of the beach after the renovations.....as well as down on the Malecon in front of Cosita Rica's.

The new company who bought out the Coral is...named Globalia (check out the Archived DR1 for Fri Dec 1) It has the highlights of the deal. It is a Spanish company who owns an airline and tour operator as well, now they bought ALL the Corals excpet Coral Conoa. They ahve some hotels in Mexico, and I think in Punta Cana as well.

As for the baseball tickets...can't help ya....my husband is now in Cda, and he can't think of where to get one down there...I asked though!

Take care, enjoy your vacation!
Lisa

holacanada

Sep 8, 2004
I've just take a look at your pics Lisa and this is make me in a ?I can wait more? mode. The time they take to make the refurbishing of the playa is stunning ! What did thet do exactly ? They drag the sand off shore and what ??
Thanks also for asnswering me about the new Coral staff.

I appreciate very very well.

from Quebec city
POP in 16 days and counting...

baileyboy

Jun 27, 2004
What they did was take the sand from Playa Grande, and Rio San Juan, and shipped it in...then those long metal tubes, they pumped the sand in from the ships out in the ocean, and then took machines to pack it down, and distrubute it along the coast. Alot of time and effort, as well as money, but the outcome is stunning!

Have a wonderful vacation.
Take care
Lisa

luzcace

Aug 19, 2004
www.luzcace.info
Globalia bought the Coral Hotels except Costa Caribe, her in the DR they already have the Punta Cana Grand in Cabeza de toro.As Baileyboy mentioned, the beach is almost twice as wide as before, tonight we are having a big New Years party, hopefully it doesn't rain.Tomorrow I am going to post some pictures on my blog.
http://www.dr1.com/blogs/?u=LUZCACE

Happy New Year
Helmut and Amparo

holacanada

Sep 8, 2004
Thanks Mister Helmutt and miss Amparo.
I've booked the Marien from the 15th of january 07.
I certainly pay a visit at the Pottery Shop.
I have something for Yomidia. Is she's working with you yet ?
> I wish you and all of your familly A very good Year 2007 .
> Health & Prosperity.

Thanks SteveG.
Very nice pictures (the most explicit I saw at this time) and Globalia does not make the adding of Marien Coral on their pages.

Holacanada from Quebec city
Solamente 14 dias...

Status
Not open for further replies.