Generator prices/contacts

C

Chip00

Does anybody know what is a reasonable price for a 5kw generator gas and deisel new and used in the Santiago area? It is going to be used as a backup in case of inverter failure only.

Thanks

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Chip00, the Hillbilly is the oracle of all things Santiago. I believe he recommends a generator seller in Santiago. Let's get the New Year over with and I'm sure he will see this thread.

jojo2130

May 30, 2005
Bellon

Chip00, the Hillbilly is the oracle of all things Santiago. I believe he recommends a generator seller in Santiago. Let's get the New Year over with and I'm sure he will see this thread.

I Bought a really nice 3 KW at Bellon made in China Brand DUCAR.Has a remote Control (On the Key Chain) start.......... I am Very Pleased with it and the price was fantastic..........Paid at that time (Last Year) 15,000 RD Bran New . I Dont know what the 5 KW Diesels were going for but they have them.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Normally speaking, 5 kw won't keep a house running. Fridge, A/C unit etc.
For a "normal" house, I think you might want to look at 12 kw. There are a couple of places we can go an look at them. There are other options, such as reefer cooler take outs (Those wonderful 20 kw propane or diesel units used to cool donw containers)....recent changes in designs of containers and container ships have caused thousands of these units to go on the market...

We'll talk this afternoon...

HB