Self Adhesive Chalkboard ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

BettyB2

Mar 9, 2006
I had read that teachers/schools really need chalk boards. Has anyone ever tried the self-adhesive ones? I would like to help 2 schools out with these that dont have a chalk board (or need a new one) and am wondering what you think. The size is: 26 3/4" in x 6' ft
They can be put on wall with a frame built on top of them or split down the middle for a 13 1/2" x 12' length board.

They are more lightweight than a regular chalkboard and a friend of ours that owns a butcher shop has used his continuously for almost 2 years on his meat counter....so it stands up pretty good. I am waiting to get the weight on these.
5f_1_b.JPG

DESCRIPTION: You just peel the backing off and put it on any smooth surface and you have an instant Chalkboard. TRIMS TO FIT AND APPLYS IN MINUTES, EASILY REMOVED-YOU ARE BIDDDING ON 1 ROLL OF GREEN 26 3/4" x 6' Simply peel the backing off and put it on any smooth surface and you have an instant chalk board! TRIMS TO FIT AND APPLYS IN MINUTES. Fits together like wallpaper to fit larger areas. Great for Teachers, Pre schools, college students or kids of all ages. Price shown is per roll buyer pays 6.50 for shipping.

Would like to help out if we can. What do you think?

Also didnt think about packing. I would have to cut it in 1/2??

Last edited:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Crazy good thing. I'd think about shipping a few of them down here by Business mail....say 6 of them in one box. (more efficient!)...
Let me know. You can PM me and I'll give you my Business Mail Address....Be here when you arrive....

HB

BettyB2

Mar 9, 2006
Luis - I PMd you and will wait and see what shipping costs will be. I really like the idea of shipping them ahead of time but they may be cheaper/easier for me to pack?? although I would have to cut them.
Lets hope for the best.

Snowbird

Jan 17, 2002
Chalkboards

BB2,
Rather than ship, cut, and paste, you can make a cash donation to Fundacion Patria and they will be able to put a chalkboard into a school room for about $10 USD. Sure seems to be a lot less hastle to me.

SB

mommacat

Apr 12, 2005
Chalkboards

Have not seen the ones you are describing, but I recently discovered Chalkboard paint! I used the black in my laundry room, it is great for groceries and reminders. It is fairly reasonable here in Canada and does a large area. I also picked up some magnetic paint. It is right alongside the blackboard painted area, so very handy for all the crap that usually ends up on the frig. The magnetic paint is a bit pricy and does weigh a fair bit. Chalkboard paint was reasonably priced and did a signifigant area. Not sure if this helps you, but just an idea.

Cat:)

BettyB2

Mar 9, 2006
SNowbird - I have PMd you

Mommacat - I looked into the paint as well, but that is something I do not want to have to pack in my luggage. All I want to do is help the kdis and am still waiting on prices for 6 of these blackboards that I would ship ahead of time via HB (thanks HB for all your help)

Status
Not open for further replies.