Can I install DirectTV in the DR?

I

IMO

I am plannin on buyin' a 18' DirectTV sitellite dish to take to the DR. Does anyone knows if is possible to see DirectTV down there?

Thanks in advance.

A

aristoba

Yes you can watch Direct TV here. but not with the dish you plan to bring. Dont even bring it. Just bring the the receiver and card. You need atleast a 6 foot dish here , which you can purchase without any difficulty. As it is illegal for Direct TV to service outside the USA you will have to find a billing address in the States for activation. There are here services as well , who will handle the billing problem for you at a fee of course.

H

Henry Szott

I tried about 2 years ago and could not get a signal. D.R. requires at least 4 ft. dish. Puerto Rico needs at least 5 ft. You have to have U.S billing address. Bring your receiver with your access card activated in U.S and buy your 4 ft. dish. GOOD LUCK.

I

IMO

Thank you guys so much, but I still have another question:

How much did you paid for the larger dish?

I was told that a company in Santo Domingo charges RD$ 7,000.00 for a larger dish, I would like to know if that is true, that's an awfull lot of cash to pay for a fiber glass dish so I presume it most be false.

Thanks again for your help.

W

William Leslie

I know several persons in Sosua/Cabarete area that paid RD$7,000. to have the 2m (6ft) dish installed ready to hook up to your black box.