Mail Delivery en La Capital?

Guachupita

Dec 28, 2006
OK I have family in the DR and I really should be asking them. But considering that whenever I have to "mail" something to them I use the Don~a Fulanita mail system, wherein I give whoever is flying to the DR my package and they deliver it to my loved one....

So, how do I get my US mail delivered to the DR without paying un ojo de la cara?

In the past, I did use Global Priority mail from the USPS and that worked....but I don't think they'll actually forward my mail to the DR...

macocael

Bronze
Aug 3, 2004
www.darkhorseimages.com
Believe it or not the governmental mail service is just zipping along lately, but while the mail arrives quickly it doesnt necessarily arrive safely. I use EPS over in Naco. 500 pesos to join, 300 annually thereafter. Letters arrive safely, but of course you have to pay a bit extra. not much.

L

LarrySpencer

There's another way....Your family in Santo Domingo can get a PO Box....like at Mail Boxes Etc. and have the mail delivered directly to the box....very simple. It also saves quite a bit of money for those of us who want to purchase things from Ebay and have it shipped in.

Guachupita

Dec 28, 2006
There's another way....Your family in Santo Domingo can get a PO Box....like at Mail Boxes Etc. and have the mail delivered directly to the box....very simple. It also saves quite a bit of money for those of us who want to purchase things from Ebay and have it shipped in.

*almost fainting at the thought I can get ebay stuff in the DR!*

Thanks for that info!

Thanks fightingirish, I love funny DR place names.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Also check out X-Mail & Business Mail. Lots of detail on this site for those two companies - both are a CHUNK cheaper than UPS, EPS, FedEx etc. Do a search on X-Mail & Business Mail for addresses in Santo Domingo, Santiago & Puerto Plata.

ALL my e-bay stuff gets sent to their Miami Receiving depots & then forwarded on to me here in Puerto Plata (I obviously don't have as many friends as Guachupita!!). Golf clubs came by ship (there wasn't a hurry for them - 21 days as opposed to 10 by AIR shipment), pipes, pipe tobacco, books, dog tablets, health/vitamin tablets ...... ALL come via X-mail for me now! ~ Grahame.