Four Seasons Hotel & Casa de Campo???

LynnCox

Feb 18, 2002
Hi ALL!! I TRULY miss the DR! It is sooo cold here. :surprised

I heard today that the minister of tourism recently announced that the Four Seasons Hotel will build a small boutique hotel there at the small beach (I forget the name at the moment) right outside of Casa de Campo at the end of Punta Aguila where the old airport was. Does anyone know any truth to this or did you see/read this announcement in the newspaper??? IF so, please be so kind to let me know the date of the announcement and what newspaper as I do not remember reading anything here in the DR1! I could've missed it..but highly doubtful as I still try and read it everyday when it arrives in my mailbox! ;) I'd like to get the article...Thanks for the help!!

Ciao...Lynn

LeoTra

Apr 28, 2006
Hi Lynn!

Yes its totally true. Just call CdC directly and they can tell you. it's even on the private general overview maps given to villa owners from Costasur that show new development and lots.

So far I don't think that they have made an official announcement but it's completely true and they hope to have it open before 2009.

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
LeoTra, is is also totally true that CdC will start ..within a year ..to build another Pete Dye course?

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
Casa de Campo makes it official!

SANTO DOMINGO. -El Central Romana Corporation LTD anunci? ayer la construcci?n del hotel de lujo Four Seasons Casa de Campo Resort, con una inversi?n de 120 millones de d?lares, que estar? ubicado en Punta ?guila, en la zona de Calet?n, La Romana.

Alfonso Paniagua, ejecutivo del Central Romana, inform? que con la inversi?n se?alada, el hotel est?pautado para abrir en el invierno de 2009, ya que la corporaci?n no ha escatimado ning?n recurso para su desarrollo.

El CR contrat? los servicios de Amy McDonald del famoso Miraval Resort en Arizona, el cual ha sido el mejor spa del mundo por varios a?os consecutivos, seg?n las revistas Travel & Leisure y Conde Nast Travelers para crear el mejor spa del Caribe.
Seg?n las explicaciones, el dise?o de interiores estar? a cargo de la firma Zmistowski Design Group con sede en Colorado, la cual tiene renombre internacional en la industria tur?stica.

Seg?n la revista Architectural Digest, el dise?ador del proyecto, Diego Villase?or, est? considerado entre los 50 mejores arquitectos del mundo,
Adem?s de Calet?n, ser?n acondicionadas dos playas m?s para un total de 1,250 pies de arena blanca y agua turquesa.

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005

renderimageec6.jpg

Last edited:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Hi Lynn: So good to see you. The other day, when we were talking about storm surges i reminded the folks about those pictures you posted of your front yard.
The project is in today's El Caribe (ElCaribeCDN.com).

HB

julius

Feb 27, 2007
Probably one very special Suite,(Vegas' style, Presidential) maybe including a yacht, Butler, Helicopter, etc.
Hotels are investments to make money, and need to fill the capacity as much as possible. You'll get your $300.00 a day rooms and even lower in the low season. Is the typical Dominican rumor to suggest they will have the best Hotel in the world. Is just BS!!!.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Great news!

This will be the second Four Seasons in the Caribbean, the other one is located on the island of Nevis; and the sixth in Latin America with the others being in Mexico (2), one in Costa Rica, one in Uruguay, and one in Argentina.

Another sign of the upscale trend in Dominican tourism. ;)

Four Seasons

-NALs

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
"Eddy Creed, one of the hotel chain Four Seasons’ founders, said the new, 200 room hotel would be built on 67 acres and have 3,100 feet of beachfront.

The “super suites” will cost 10,200 dollars per night and will have five rooms, a private swimming pool, gym, offices, spa and other amenities, the hotelier said."

Dominican Republic - 2006 Travel News Archive (DR1)

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
Ive also heard that CdC is talking with the Ritz Carlton to build a hotel within the CdC complex... but don't have any verification of that...

It seems Marriotts (i.e. its higher end Ritz Carlton brand) will actually be built within Cap Cana, ..

"Jim?nez explic? que con la entrada de ese [CAFTA-RD] habr? insumos de la industria tur?stica que bajaran de precio, por efecto de que ya no tendr?n que pagar los aranceles de aduanas.
Explic? que cerca del 20 por ciento del total de insumo de la hoteler?a dominicana es importado, y el 80 por ciento restante de producci?n nacional.
“Estoy claro que nos permitir? el desarrollo de nuevas inversiones. La Cadena hotelera norteamericana ya han decidido instalarse en el pa?s, tenemos la Marriott, Westin, en Punta Cana, y el inicio de la cadena Four Seasons, en la Romana, y hay dos cadenas de grand?sima calidad que vendr?n este a?o al pa?s”, comunic? el ministro."

Cap Cana Investments in Trump Estates, Caleton Villas, Green Village, Golden Bear Lodge, Villas Las Lagunas, Punta Cayuco, Acquamarina Condos, and Punta Palmera

"The Abrisa Group, owned by the Hazoury family, currently owns plenty of Luxury Real Estate to sell in Cap Cana. World renowned names such as Donald Trump and Ritz Carlton have also seen the magnificent investment opportunities offered by the Dominican Republic."

"National Hotels and Restaurants Association (Asonahores) vice-president Arturo Villanueva said other hotel groups can follow Abrisa’s strategy as an example of "the diversification of the Dominican Republic tourism product" for foreign investors.
Cap Cana’s service is not normally "all inclusive" and when provided prices can surpass US$800 per day per person. "

Last edited: