Mojo for platano verde

C

Chip00

Does anybody know the recipe for the sauce "mojo" that can be found in Florida hispanic restaurants that is eaten with fried green plaintains "fritos verdes", "tostones"?

There is this Colombian restaurant called Pio Pio's that makes as sauce that is out of this world. A similar sauce can be found at most Puerto Rican Restaurants.

From what I can guess it the Puerto Rican version has oil, crushed garlic, salt etc. The Colombian sauce is out of this world good and is somewhat different from the Puerto Rican version. It tastes so good that they use it as a salad dressing and I use it to cover the baked chicken they serve. El diache - que hambre tengo yo ahora!

Thanks

BTW
Wouldn't it be nice if their was a forum dedicated to hispanic cooking? Lo que pasa es que uno se harta comiendo arroz todos los dias!

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Does anybody know the recipe for the sauce "mojo" that can be found in Florida hispanic restaurants that is eaten with fried green plaintains "fritos verdes", "tostones"?

There is this Colombian restaurant called Pio Pio's that makes as sauce that is out of this world. A similar sauce can be found at most Puerto Rican Restaurants.

From what I can guess it the Puerto Rican version has oil, crushed garlic, salt etc. The Colombian sauce is out of this world good and is somewhat different from the Puerto Rican version. It tastes so good that they use it as a salad dressing and I use it to cover the baked chicken they serve. El diache - que hambre tengo yo ahora!

Thanks

BTW
Wouldn't it be nice if their was a forum dedicated to hispanic cooking? Lo que pasa es que uno se harta comiendo arroz todos los dias NOT THE MEN IN MY FAMILY, LOL !

is this in Queens, NY, I've heard the food is delicious.

pielmorena

Oct 23, 2006
No but in Orlando Florida near Universal Studios - el diache!

There is actually a Pio Pio in Queens (8415 Northern Blvd., Queens, NY 11372
at 84th St. ) but I believe it's Peruvian (Great rotisserie Chicken!)

Last edited:
C

Chip00

wrong, se dise, "ei diache"!! lol

Pielmorena: that's the one I thought he was talking about, gotta try it sometime.

WRONG - "se diSe" se deletrea con "c" no "s" - Ei diache! - catchado por un come hamburguesa! lolololol

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
WRONG - "se diSe" se deletrea con "c" no "s" - Ei diache! - catchado por un come hamburguesa! lolololol

ay ya tu ta aplatanao de veida, hahahah

so let us know when you find the recipe for that "mojo de ajo", when I go to this cuban restaurant in NYC they serve that mojo with their plantain chips, and their appetizers, WOW and more WOW very good mojo, the most delicious appetizers I've ever had in my whole entire life, mmmmmmm. They make tiny mofongo cups and fill it with shereded chicken or beef or shrimp, mmmmm, oh I'm hungry now.

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
There is actually a Pio Pio in Queens (8415 Northern Blvd., Queens, NY 11372
at 84th St. ) but I believe it's Peruvian (Great rotisserie Chicken!)
There is another one on Woodhaven Blvd. off Queens Blvd. Have not been there but my daughter has and she says its great. Always is full when I pass by. Got to stop by next time.