Renting in cabarete

Pyza

Jan 3, 2007
Hey, i've been looking for a place to rent in cabarete lately. But all that it seems that i can find is more expensive places filled with things that i don't need. All im really looking for is a place wit a bit of furniture thats it for 3-4 months from end of may to late augest. If someone can help me out i would great appreciate it.
Thanks

Andrew

rasta

May 13, 2006
hey andrew, yeah im actually looking for the same thing. I wish it was easier to find something before moving down there but its pretty hard. my sisters and i live there in the summer too and ended up moving a few times last summer. We found that the best way to find something is look when you get there, even though you might have to stay somewhere else for a week or so. but when you're in cabarete there are usually a lot of postings up for places to rent, you should look at the grocery store below the pool hall. they usually have a lot of postings for rentals. also a good place to look would be either Pro Cab or Callejon de la loma. Good luck and hopefully if no one else can help you this will.

:) rasta girl

Pyza

Jan 3, 2007
thanks

hey thanks guys,
ya i've been reading around and alot of posts just to wait till you get there and look for something. Cause everything on the net is all vacation, expensive stuff that i really don't need. But i hear you can find a pretty decent place for under 400usd a month.

Werner

Feb 19, 2004
Send a mail to Windeguy, here on the board. I lived 10 months in his place and its excelent quality. Beside that he is a easy going landlord himself.
windeguy@yahoo.com

Pyza

Jan 3, 2007
i would rather be closer to cabarete, but i heard that the food in the markets are cheaper outside of town than in. But it could be an option; so would you suggest finding the cheapest place i can for now and then once i arrive in the dr keep looking around then?

bobo23

Jan 5, 2007
Hi,

I am in Cabarete now and am looking for a place to live which is available as soon as possible for 2-3 months. It seems to be me more difficult than I have expected...
It should be in walking distance to town, have a small kitchen, one bedroom and internet access. Maximum budget is 600USD.

I would appreciate any ideas :) my e-mail: boris@wulin.de

Boris

Pyza

Jan 3, 2007
question

Hey guys, i thought of a question. To move to the DR for like 3 months do i need to deal with any goverment bodies? Or is there any process? Im a Canadian Citizen if that helps.
Thanks

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Hey guys, i thought of a question. To move to the DR for like 3 months do i need to deal with any goverment bodies? Or is there any process? Im a Canadian Citizen if that helps.
Thanks

You shouldn't have any problems, as long as you don't get caught doing anything illegal or get into an accident, but you will pay a "fine" upon exiting the country. I believe it is 10 pesos per day after 30 days.

Did you have any luck finding a place to stay? I may have something...let me know or keep an eye on the rental forum, I will be placing an ad soon.

Pyza

Jan 3, 2007
still looking around for something, people are pretty helpful and im getting closer to what im looking for, good thing i got a bit of more time before i go. But i know that time is going to get shorter soon enough.