Vegetable & Fruits Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

holacanada

Sep 8, 2004
Hola todos,

As an avocado enthusiast !!! , I would like to know when this is the season for this delicious fruit ?

In the end of january what are the fruits or vegetable the dominican collect ?
Like is this the time of the year (jan.) when the coconut are good or naranjas, etc..? What about the cacao and the coffee ?

Also I heard about a Cheese manufacturer by Sosua (sosua farms or ???) they also make butter, in fact I think it's a cremery..?? Do they offer visit or someting..???

Holacanada from Quebec city
POP in 12 days

kifler

Dec 29, 2006
Sorry to highjack the thread but I was wondering if there should be any worries eating fruit?

I know us North Americans are bombarded with warnings about the water etc.. but is fruit ok?

holacanada

Sep 8, 2004
Good Point kifler but I've allways think : the nearest you are from the original (res)source, the better are the livestock...
I don't know if our regular DR1 forumers/islanders share this opinion, i am curious...

But BTW, what about the avocado season..!!!!

Holacanada from Quebec city

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Avocado season has been going for some time, so it might be nearing the end.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
holacanada, there is cheese made in Sosua. The business was started, I'm told, by Jews that settled here near the start of WWII. The complex is behind Supermercado Productos Sosua, which is a very short way outside of Sosua on the road to Cabarete. Never heard of tours, but wouldn't hurt to ask.

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Sos?a Butter Oil Suspension

... they also make butter...
Well, they call it that. :(
The ingredients list includes 'butter oil' and so I guess it's just a suspension of that and water...slight rancid taste, far from fresh real butter.
We prefer imported French butter ('President') at 95 RD$ per 250 grams, which is real and good butter.

m'frog

kifler

Dec 29, 2006
My logic is that if the water isn't good for us to drink, it could possibly be transferred into the fruit.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
which is then extracted from the fruit and new water injected prior to exporting the fruit to the USA & Europe;)

lol you are so silly,:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: why don't they just inject the water where the fruit is gonna be exported to?? or just take bottled water and .....oh forget it, this is too crazy:ermm:

Status
Not open for further replies.